• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Disposable Co2- Are they really that bad?!

Morning,
Just about to put an order in at aquaessentials and under there co2 section i noticed they have disposable Co2 options:
The Tetra Optimat and the TMC Aquagrow Co2 Kits.
Both relatively cheap. Did a quick google search and on Oliver Knotts website he seems so use the Tetra Optimat on his nano set up and it looks really good. Did a quick post search on here and the main thought on these are they suck? Do they?

My Set up: 16ltr glass fishtank, 11w light, Colombo flora base subsrate and use TPN+ as my fert. I am planting some crypts, pogostemon helferi and maybe some marsilea. So fairly low tech.

Is Co2 essential in this set up or can i save some money and avoid it?

I had the aquagrow on my 60 l tank. Didn't think much of it as it was difficult to get the water flow right to empty the diffuser despite almost 20x flow (two internal filters rated at 550 l/h) Somedays it worked better than others but it was difficult to keep the co2 indicator consistently green. Went back to DIY yeast solution in the end.

Back