• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Disposable Gas Bottle, Cheap alternative?

Greengeek

Anyone know of this is ok for using as a cheap CO2 bottle in a planted aquarium and what size regulator would fit it?

65F8B23A-C0F0-4F09-9CBF-A6AA8B1CE905.jpeg

https://www.toolstation.com/disposable-gas-bottle/p89126

I’d a fortune if I could use these.

Thanks

oatfish

No, I did the same as you, had a nano regulator and looked and any way I could to get larger (and cheaper!) bottles to fit. I ended up drawing a blank and bought a reg to fit disposable bottles instead.

Graham1426

I have seen some reg adaptors that work to convert my nano reg to take the larger disposable welding Co2 bottles, so could be option as i only recently purchased my Nano reg with solenoid and don't want outlay again so soon.

oatfish

I have seen some reg adaptors that work to convert my nano reg to take the larger disposable welding Co2 bottles, so could be option as i only recently purchased my Nano reg with solenoid and don't want outlay again so soon.
Ah that sounds promising. It was 10 years ago that i had the issue with finding an adapter (there weren't any! )
Please can you post your solution when you have it? I'm interested.