• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Distilled Water

Egmel

Ok I was just timewasting and pricing up some bits and pieces to make JamesC's all-in-one solution when I had a thought. Is it absolutely necessary to use distilled water? I fill my tank with plain dechlorinated tap water so I'm not too worried about what 'extras' it'll add to the mix. What I am concerned about is whether it'll alter the lifespan of the mix.

Also if I do need to use distilled water where on earth do I buy it from?!

Cheers,
Helen

Tap water is most likely fine to use. I just said use distilled water to be 100% sure.

Distilled water or sometimes known as deionised water can be brought from various places like car spare shops and supermarkets.

James

Ok, well I might use filtered water if only to get rid of the chlorine etc. (our tap water tastes of TCP if left over night... nice! :wideyed: )

I'll keep an eye out in tescos next time I go, I must admit the thought of buying water really doesn't agree with me but I might just check anyway.

Cheers for the quick response
Helen

Back