• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

distilled water

jagz

hi folks im about to make a mix of ferts using james all in one recipe it does include distilled water which is the only thing on the list i dont have, now it isnt a problem for me to go and get some but i was wondering can i use ro with di or just deionized water or does it have to be distilled water

cheers jagz

cheers for that mate so do you think i will be ok with ro with di then i can even boil it if that would help and leave it to cool down

jagz

afaik, de-ionised is the same thing. That's what I was told when I went to Halfrauds to get some for the ferts/drop checker but I was told here (I think) that it doesn't make a huge amount of difference if you use normal tap water for mixing ferts.

ulster exile said:
afaik, de-ionised is the same thing. That's what I was told when I went to Halfrauds to get some for the ferts/drop checker but I was told here (I think) that it doesn't make a huge amount of difference if you use normal tap water for mixing ferts.

yes they are the same thing, just a different method to get to the end product.

tap water is fine for mixing ferts up, the reason i think James adds it on the webpage is because everybody's water will contain different elements, so the accuracy to the orginal tropica will be different, and so will be the dosing figures such as 5.9ppm NO3 per dose etc.

hi guys thanks for the input, i have used ro with di water i boilded it aswell (dont know if it made a difference other than the water being hot :D ) and then let it cool down i have now made up one litre of the all in one fert from james site i followed this recipe

DIY TPN+ (3)
48g Potassium Nitrate
2.2g Potassium Phosphate (monobasic)
17g Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate (Epsom Salts)
5g Aqua Essentials Trace Elements Mix
0.5g E300 Ascorbic Acid
0.2g E202 Potassium Sorbate
500ml distilled water

cheers jagz

Back