• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Distribution

planter

Hi All ,

Need A little Help -

Just set up a new tank 555 litre (8x20x18) and am having a bit of trouble getting the Co2 level up.
Indicators (one at each end) show different result dark green and Dark greeny blue. Im using 2 JBL 1500 filters and have installed 2 x koralia pumps total flow rate 8500lph (though one of the filters is reduced somewhat due to aquamedic reactor). Im putting in as many BPS as the reactor will handle in fact some small bubbles are starting to escape into the tank. im using JBL manado with aquabasis topped with Zambezi sand (for effect) im a bit worried about posts suggesting manado may cause a pH increase! Am I going to have to put another line of Co2 in?

Any comments welcome

Hi planter
Sounds like your at max with the Aquamedic reactor, although this is a bit odd because the spec for this reactor says it should be able to cope with a 2000l tank. If this is the case then distribution is your problem, but you already suspected that.
On a tank that length it may be that you will need a second CO2 line going in there.
There is someone round here who keeps a 6 foot tank and I know, from his posts, he has two inlets for his CO2.
Mind you, I'm only keeping a tiddly little 180l and had enough trouble sorting out the flow around that :oops:
Maybe the boys with the larger setups will be along to offer you some sound advice soon.
Good luck with the setup, it's looking good so far.

Chris
PS to anyone offering advice.
I have seen this tank in the flesh and it is huuuuge. So when you see the dimensions
planter said:
(8x20x18)
The 8 is 8 feet :wideyed:

maybe a c02 outflow at both ends will do the trick? I've read that suggestion mentioned in another thread maybe here or in another forum. good luck :)

Hi planter
planter said:
The DC's look a little greener today and the plants are pearling slightly
Well that's a good sign :D
planter said:
550 litres with a pretty low plant biomass isnt helping matters.
Certainly not, but when you up the plant biomass you'll have to up the CO2 anyway. Best to sort that early on if you can.
I learnt a while ago just how much CO2 the plants use and it was an eye opener, for me anyway. I was running my drop checker in the lime green range for months and took the scissors to a huge Nesaea Pedicellata, within hours my drop checker had turned bright yellow and that was just by trimming the one plant :wideyed:.
I will just say, a tank that size would frighten the life out of me at the mo :lol:.
That is one huge project you have undertaken there and I wish you all the best with it.
When you get that right, it's gonna be stunning because the rock work is looking cool already :thumbup:.

Chris.

Back