• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY 75 x 42 x 40 cm

Some photos taken last tuesday.

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

014.jpg

I think maybe there's too many little rocks just dotted about on the sand? Also, I find the right most peice of wood distracting because it kind of sticks out from the clump of plants.

Looks great Alexandre, nice tank.

Just a question/s if I may. What are you using to light the tank? is it a 150w metal halide? how long is the photoperiod and what bulb do you use?? Can you tell us what plants you are using in this layout?

Thanks Thomas McMillan & LondonDragon .

Thomas McMillan said:
I think maybe there's too many little rocks just dotted about on the sand? Also, I find the right most peice of wood distracting because it kind of sticks out from the clump of plants.

I don't know if there is too many rocks around. I think it is more there positions, a bit to symmetric. At some point the HC will have grow and cover a good part of them. But you are correct, there is some thing not right. Will have a look today and see what I can do.
About the wood, the extreme right or the fat one who stick out the water?

zig said:
Looks great Alexandre, nice tank.

Just a question/s if I may. What are you using to light the tank? is it a 150w metal halide? how long is the photoperiod and what bulb do you use?? Can you tell us what plants you are using in this layout?

Thanks Zig,
The photoperiod is 8h for the moment.
2x Giesemann Midday T5 - 24W
2x Arcadia T5 Plant Pro - 24W

Some of the plants I used will become a bit to big, so I will have re dove some of it at some point.
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala Sp. Green
Anubias Barteri var. nana
Heteranthera Zosterifolia
Limnophilia Aromatica
Dipilis Diandra
E. Tennelus
Microsorum Narrow
Xmass moss
HC
Cryptocoryne parva

Thomas McMillan said:
Not the thick one - the one on the extreme right.
I will see about that one once the tennelus will have grow in front of it. But it is a good point,it is only one branch so I can remove it easily or replace it by a shorter one.

Here are some photos after the first trim. On the first one I removed the big stone in the wood. I think it is better less heavy. The other one have a couple of stones removed from the beach, still not that.
Your critics are more than welcome.

009.jpg

013-1.jpg

Looks much better without the stones. I'm sure that branch will look fine once it's grown in a little more.

Thanks Steve.

saintly said:
looks fantastic, is that bga on the sand?

Thanks, It look like it. It did show up in 24h, that's the gap between the first and second photo. Since yesterday I got back to my old dosing regime.

Thomas McMillan said:
Looks much better without the stones. I'm sure that branch will look fine once it's grown in a little more.

Yes it does, thanks to you. I am thinking to remove the small one on the left to.

Back