• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY 75 x 42 x 40 cm

alexandre

After the leak of my 40G, I decided to build my own tank, doesn't make sense really :lol:

The glass cleaned, degreased and masked.

01-17-08001.jpg

01-17-08003.jpg

Assembly.

01-17-08004.jpg

01-17-08005.jpg

Drying with a bit of water to keep the humidity high, to speed up the curing process.

01-17-08007.jpg

Testing the seals.

01-18-08005.jpg

And almost finish.

01-18-08010.jpg

This picture is few weeks old, I will take some to night and post them.

02-04-08008.jpg

Thanks very much for the comments.

Few pictures from tonight. I done the first trimming last week so the plants don't look at there best and other been planted last tuesday.

02-19-08001.jpg

02-19-08007.jpg

02-19-08008.jpg

02-19-08009.jpg

02-13-08015.jpg

I will post the details of the tank later, I need to cook the diner now :D

Looking fantastic alexandre.

I've just started this hobby and i'm in Athens, what do you do in the summer mate to keep your tank cool?

Very nice, beautiful layout, do you have any problems with the substrate being very deep at the back.

JOHNNY

ILooking fantastic alexandre.

I've just started this hobby and i'm in Athens, what do you do in the summer mate to keep your tank cool?

Thanks. I use a 12V PC fan, it cool down the tank of about 2 to 3C. During the day I am at home so when it is very hot I have got the air condition on. The tank is about 28C during the summer.
You can see the fan on this picture.

11-08-07006.jpg

Very nice, beautiful layout, do you have any problems with the substrate being very deep at the back.

Thanks. It does level a bit, but there is not a lot I can do. The stones and plants help and if I pull a plant I do it very slowly.

Awesome tank, wish mine looked like that. Wink

Thanks, I wish I had more time when I build it, it could have been a bit better, but the plants was in the bath, fish and shrimps in a been. So I had to be quit. ;)

Lighting: 5x 24W T5 10H/day (3x Osram Luminux Deluxe 965 - 2x Giesemann Powerchrome Aquaflora).
Substrate: 5L Tropica Plant Substrat + Black gravel.
Filter: Eheim pro II 2028 (2 Liter Ehfimech + 4 Liter SUBSTRATpro + 1 bag Purigen).
CO2: 5kg extinguisher - Aqua Medic 1000 - 24H/24.
Fert: 3x per week - 1.25g KNO3 - 0.3g KH2PO4 - 0.3g K2SO4 - 5ml TPN.
Water change: 50% weekly - 2/3 RO+ 1/3 tape water + Prime.
PH, GH, KH, N, P etc: ?
Fauna: Black Neons - Flammeus - RCS.
Flora: Eleocharis (Parvula, Accicularis, Vivipara) - Ludwigia Arcuata - Rotala sp. Green - Hemianthus Micranthemoides - Ludwigia Repens Rubin Narrow - Juncus Repens - Hydrocotyle Verticillata - Echinodorus Tenellus? - Didiplis Diandra - Glossostigma Elatinoides - Rotala Wallichii - Rotala Macranda Green.

I think I cover every thing ;)

The new layout looks very nice Alexandre it should be really good in a few weeks. Just one question though why did the old tank leak? I just built a new tank and you are making me nervous :?

zig said:
The new layout looks very nice Alexandre it should be really good in a few weeks. Just one question though why did the old tank leak? I just built a new tank and you are making me nervous :?

I am nervous to :lol: .
No seriously, the old one I broke it....Trying to remove the trim :oops:
This one is 8mm so it is okay. Silicone is a very strong glue, the main thing is to clean and degrease properly before assembly.

I added some Peacock moss, it give a darker shade of green and it is a good thing. The bad thing is I don't really like it, I think Weeping moss would have been better for that purpose.
Any suggestions? I am tempted to remove it.

02-28-08001.jpg

02-28-08016.jpg

I will start to shape the bushes next week, I just need some of the stem to grow a bit more before trimming ;) .

Arana said:
Lovely Scapes, can't wait for the next update :D

Thanks Arana, I will do some photos monday after the trimming so I can keep track of things and will post them.

Here it is after a good trimming. You can see as well my GDA probleme :? .

03-02-08027.jpg

Any suggestions and critiques are well come. I remove the moss, did not like it.

Is this still holding out, Diying a tank this huge would terrify me!

Back