• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY amazon root

neelhound

Using mopani with lots of bits of carved manzanita arranged around and sealant-ed. Also little tiny branchy manzanita that stays white even underwater. The ukaps manzanita was as good but different so i used it in the other tank.
The mopani was heavy so i needed help and i had vto put so much tape on.
The last picture shows the final product after changing it around a lot( sometimes i changed it because it fell)
Its dry now and has a black background.
IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

thanks,i would but im not sure how itll cope with filter output circulation. :/ it would look good though

im also thinking of painting a tree on the wall, as although if your far back it looks liek roots, when your right next to the tank you need some confirmation

tbh id love frogbit, itd be great considerig some of the fish im getting like shade, however they would need considerable aeration as they are big, and i dont want the frogbit zooming around lol

great looking!

Nice use of the wood in a different view.

This would look good as a non CO2 tank using floating water sprite and a nice darker look with white sand bottom.

Regards,
Tom Barr

That's hardcore. I haven't seen such an ambitious use of driftwood in some time.

thanks all,
the fish will be my GT, a knifefish, and an undecided catfish. This tank was up and runnign with great fish but i returned from holidays to find them dead, unfortunately.
I was thinking amazon frogbit but maybe watersprite would give a better look actually. My main problem is figuring out hiding aeration, as with a spraybar the watersprite woudl go everywhere and i want them to cover eveything

This setup could also look great with some larger emergent plants to mirror the driftwood in the space above the water. Is there any chance you could suspend the light up higher?

Its a great idea, but im using t8s, the GT jumps and all the filter pipes and wires would be easy to spot :/

Oh yeah. You could probably hide that hardware with enough foliage, but your fish would leap out with an open top. What is a "GT" anyway?

green terror, hes in my planted tank uprooting things, once hes moved both tanks will look better :)

Ok, i have decided im getting 2 eheim 2080s(used) WHEN I CAN FIND THEM, then putting an eheim diffuser on one and masking that area with vallis on that side, and will be getting many water sprites. Will be using rena smartheaters instead of hydor inline.
Once I find my eheims, the tank will be up and running in no time :)

thanks,
and londondragon do you mean like all the great scapes here where the wood is going outward? Im trying that with my smaller tank but with this tanks its already siliconed in.
Im only getting one 2080 and using it with an aquis 1250.
Spending lots of money on substrat pro...

Back