• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Bubble counter problem...

Myrtle

Hi, I have made a DIY bubble counter from a 500ml pop bottle. I can see the bubbles coming from the Nutrafin canister into the counter, but there's nowt coming from the counter to the diffuser (ladder supplied with Nutrafin system)... I'm pretty sure I have no leaks :? as I've sealed the holes with sealant. Will this counter not work with the Nutrafin system? Should I just forget the counter? I put it in to stop the yeast mixture getting into the tank so I'm not sure what to do.

Any type of counter should work fine. The only problem I found using a small glass bubble counter with that system was that the bubbles were produced intermittently becuase of the increased back pressure. The water would also syphon back down the tubing into the yeast chamber.

If you're getting bubble going into the counter but none coming out to the ladder then it has to be going somewhere! That means you've got leaks somewhere! Are you using CO2 proof hosing? And can you submerge the bubble counter under water in a bucket, you'll soon find any leaks then.

Back