• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY CO2

andy hardie

Seedling
Help... Just set up non pressurised Pop bottle CO2 working great but question is do I take it out at night? Not sure what to do??

You just run it 24/7 as there's no way to turn it off without removing the tube and replacing it manually and this is easy to forget about. Just make sure it isn't too high at night by using a drop checker and keeping an eye on the fish. Any signs of stress then either remove the CO2 or add an air pump overnight to gas off excess CO2.

Yep totally agree with Ed, just leave it running 24/7. When I used diy Co2, I found it was a good idea to run two bottles, but started at different times so that when you have to remix the solution in one bottle, the other one is still running and providing Co2. It just helped in keeping the Co2 fairly consistant, well as much as you can with the diy method :D

Many thanks to you all. Of course I started both bottles together!!
We live and learn, what a difference to the plant growth though!!! Just upgraded my lights to abt 2 watts per gallon and started CO2. Brilliant results within days. Thanks again.

Back