• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Emersed planters

Macman6

i've got a couple of DIY planters for Emersed growing, but im having a bit of trouble stopping them slowly slipping down the tank walls, i've already had to chase hydroponic clay balls around the tank a couple of times.

i make them using the bottom half of a milk carton type bottle and put a couple of suction cups on.

any tips?

Hi all,
i've got a couple of DIY planters for Emersed growing, but im having a bit of trouble stopping them slowly slipping down the tank walls, i've already had to chase hydroponic clay balls around the tank a couple of times.

i make them using the bottom half of a milk carton type bottle and put a couple of suction cups on.
I've never found any suction cups that worked for long. Could you hook them over the tank edge with stainless steel hangers or wire? Something like these <"long arm S hooks">?

cheers Darrel

looks like i'll have to have a rethink, at the moment i have fishing wire underneath counter-weighted by a half full water bottle, not the prettiest. doesn't help i have a rim on the tank as i wasn't aware of the emersed growth possibilities when i bought it!

Do you maybe have pictures of the tank and DIY pots you use? I guess there might be some alternatives ideas to think about knowing some more about the foundation. For now it's only guessing and building castles in the air.. :)

i'll try and get some pictures when i get home. they're nothing special though

Back