• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

DIY Inline Heater - Trapped Air

cfrancop

Heater: 1 x Eheim 300 Heater Amazon productHeater Controller: Amazon product
Hello, very nice filter. Almost a year had past sinde your first post. I am thinking on getting my heater out the aquarium on a similar way than you did, so the question for you is: What is your experience with that kind work on you heater and the performance of it?

Thank you.

somail

Hi Cfrancop,

The setup ended up working very well for me. I live in an area that gets heavy snow during the winter and the heater held up and kept temps very stable. If you go this route my biggest piece of advice would be to make sure you have the pump before the heater like the picture in my November 5th post. By pushing water into the heater and entering the water from the bottom the heater core rarely got air trapped in it and was very quiet. I am about to start my second tank and will be using the same system again. Let me know if you have any specific questions.