• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

DIY Project DIY Inline heater

Wookii

Silicone won't stick to PVC, but it will stick to acrylic (see post #32).
Silicone won't bond acrylic to PVC, or Tefen/Nylon to PVC.
Solvent cement won't bond Tefen/Nylon to PVC or Nylon to Nylon (yes, tried that as well).
Solvent cement (primary ingredient MEK, not THF) will bond acrylic to PVC .

...to be continued...

Looks like you may have already found a solution, but as a secondary option, you can get clear PVC pipe, so you can bond to solid coloured PVC fittings as normal:

FrankR

Looks like you may have already found a solution, but as a secondary option, you can get clear PVC pipe, so you can bond to solid coloured PVC fittings as normal:

I shopped around for clear PVC pipe. It's a bit pricey! 1 m of clear PVC pipe costs around £16, while 2,5 m of grey PVC pipe costs around £4. It's not as expensive as acrylic, but still...

Wookii

I shopped around for clear PVC pipe. It's a bit pricey! 1 m of clear PVC pipe costs around £16, while 2,5 m of grey PVC pipe costs around £4. It's not as expensive as acrylic, but still...

I assume that's because you're using imperial pipe? Most stuff is metric these days - hence why the clear 25mm is only £5/m in comparison.

FrankR

I assume that's because you're using imperial pipe? Most stuff is metric these days - hence why the clear 25mm is only £5/m in comparison.
A heater won't fit in a 25mm pipe. The ID of that pipe is 22mm. A heater's D is 25mm. You need 32mm or even better 40mm OD.