diy luminaire help

Nelson

hi,
my lights and hood caught on fire today :arghh: ,lucky i was at home.has anyone made a diy luminaire as i have a couple of ballasts and can't really afford a new luminaire.just need to do something quick as i don't want to lose all my plants.
thanks
neil

GreenNeedle

Do you still have the metal casing from the old one and just want to get a new 'working' setup?

If so what is retrievable from the old one?

AC

Nelson

hi
no,it was plastic.just broke into my piggy bank :D .got a cheapish luminaire from ebay.will have to go without food for a while :(
thanks though
neil

Angus

which luminaire off ebay was it? if it was EQJ trading a lot of people use those and id be worried about the fire risk, any ideas on how it caught fire?

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
fozziebear said:
which luminaire off ebay was it? if it was EQJ trading a lot of people use those and id be worried about the fire risk, any ideas on how it caught fire?
He his saying that now he purchased a luminaire off ebay, not that his purchase from ebay caught fire ;)
I have been using two EJQ-Trading luminaires for a while now and the only problem I have had with them is the ballasts failling which can be easilly replaced ;)

Nelson

hi
it was just an old hood i've had for years.i'd changed it from t8 to t5 a year ago,so probably my bad wiring :oops: .it wasn't a new one from ebay,i've just bought one.
steve,wish i'd thought of that yesterday.
thanks
neil