• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY quick connect fittings for canister filters/pre-filters?

Matty599

So I am planning a canister filtration system that uses one of those All Pond Solutions pre-filter canisters filled with mechanical media. I would like to be able to easily remove this pre-filter from under the tank and take it to the sink for cleaning. Are there any legitimate alternatives to Eheim Quick Disconnects for no-leak (or at least very-little-leak) couplings for this purpose? Here in Australia the Eheim fittings are pretty expensive relative to build quality. I have thought about garden hose fittings... I've also seen people using Koolance water-cooling fittings, but those are mostly discontinued and not affordable. I'm really looking for something that can be disconnected just by pulling back to release the fitting, rather than fiddling with unscrewing like you need to with the plastic Eheims. Interested to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Thank you both - might try both options and see which I like better. Will be useful to know for future builds anyways.

Back