• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Rex Griggs Reactor

This is one i build for my 50l tank, it handles 1-2BPS really well
IMG_20180317_114142[1].jpg

Thanks looks good,
I'm guessing you have it setup vertically, do you run it with the bypass completely closed?

I'm just wondering if my theory is correct on getting the water speed through the reactor below 5cm/s is correct, Do you know what the pipe diameter you have used and what the the flow rate you expect from your canister filter?

Thanks looks good,
I'm guessing you have it setup vertically, do you run it with the bypass completely closed?

I'm just wondering if my theory is correct on getting the water speed through the reactor below 5cm/s is correct, Do you know what the pipe diameter you have used and what the the flow rate you expect from your canister filter?
Well i made by pass to correct possible errors of pipe diameter and length of reactor. If i see bubles coming out, I open more bypass, if i start to hear bubble forming inside, i close more bypass.
I run it on eheim 1000l/h, but slow is much slower cause i also reduced pipes size to not have huge steel pipes on 50l tank.

Any update @Barbara Turner?

I also have this co2 art / Qanvee atomizer and looking to use it with a reactor or external pre filter setup. This external filter was an interesting option but it seems that he fittings are only 12mm which will cut the flow a lot. The idea was My filter > atomizer > using EW 604 external canister (as a reactor)

Back