• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Spraybar for Eheim InstallationSet 2

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

I'm wanting to try a full length spray bar across the back of my tank to deal with a couple of dead spots. Problem is I am using the Eheim installation Set 2 outlet. I want to keep using this as it offers easy maintenance and flexibility in relation to where I run things but I understand the outlet diameter on the "L" adaptor is greater than the standard 16/22mm.

Does anyone know if that's correct and if if so, what diameter PCV tube I would need for it to fit over this "L" adaptor?

Cheers

Lee

No idea about the diameter you need,But a short lenght of 16/22 flexy pipe dipped in hot water so it streches will allow you to conect the pipework together.

20160802_135432-1024x768.jpg
like this.
Regards Dave.

I use the tetra one but the basic principle is the same as the ehiem.I tryed the mthod of adding more spraybar lenghts first.It looks alot neater but the problem is the hole spacing when you add more lenght to the spraybar the flow drops off towards the end to near zero.
Thats why i made one one and spaced the holes further apart along the lenght of the bar.

Hi all, It is probably a bit of an expensive option but can you just add in more spray-bar sections?

I think it is about ~£5 (for 2 x 10cm).

INSTALLATION SET 2, PRESSURE SIDE/ SPRAY BAR EXTENSION SET: EHEIM part no. 4009620.

cheers Darrel
Hi Darrel,

I did think about that but they are a little grey and I'd have to blank off some of the holes in order to get the right output pressure to create the flow. The only thing I could think to do this with was electrical tape. I know i could silicon some but I'd prefer something less permanent during the experimental phase.

Lee

I found the same number of holes as on original spraybar spaced evenly along the lenght of thenew spraybar gives the most even flow along the lenght.But it will all depend on your filter output spraybar lenght
Then i put a co2 reactor in line that reduced the flow so ended up getting a couple of powerheads anyways:).
Just need to find some clear acrilic pipe the right diameter now to make one that looks better:).

i dont know how to post links,but if you do a search on ebay 20 mm acrilic pipe, there is some 20mm id but they only do 500mm lenghts about 9 quid posted.

Back