diy tpn+

Discussion in 'Aquarium Fert Dosing' started by fishkeeper, 11 Jun 2008.

1. fishkeeper

fishkeeper Member

How much should be dosed weekly to a 125l tank? Ive just put in 50ml

also, some yeast got into my tank from my diy co2 and has turned the water partially cloudy. I changed 10% of the water but i wont be able to change any until 4pm tomorrow, with the lights out will the fish be ok?

thanks

2. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

3. nickyc

nickyc Member

This happened to me a few weeks ago and just got worse and worse :wideyed: I did lots of 50% changes and then did about 80% - pretty much as low as I could - cleaned the filters etc etc. The tank is totally clear now. I wish I'd gone straight for the big water change rather than waiting. Good luck!

4. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Thats why its always usefull to have a bubble counter or a backup reservoir using a 500ml bottle ;)
    When I used the yeast solution using two bottles I always had a bubble counter and most of the time it would spill into that, I didn't fill the bubble counter as there was no much point counting the bubbles on a DIY solution, I just left it there for spills to protect the tank.