• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do!Aqua CO2

NeilW

Hello all.

Been a long time since I last posted but decided to potentially bite the bullet with a pressurised CO2 setup after experimenting with EasyCarbo, low tech and yeast based CO2.

I'm looking at the Do!Aqua CO2 as a complete solution. I know thats controversial :lol:

Before I go spending mega-bucks I wanted to see if anyone knew the thread sizes just to see if there were any compatible refills. I have a friend who works in a cycle shop that sell CO2 in diddy bottles for emergency tires inflation and wanted to see if it may work as a long shot. I believe they use the standard UK size.

Thank you kindly for your help in advance

P.S Loving the new green forum theme

It's nothing against Do!aqua, but I would personally stay away from any pressurizes system as small as this one. You'll spend a fortune buying those little CO2 recharges. Get something larger IMHO

I think it really depends on the size of your tank and your budget. I'm running a system that uses 16g cartridges on my 60ltr and I go through about 3 or 4 a month. But I put it all together for around £30 you could put a bigger setup together for a lot less than what you will pay for that kit with much larger canister

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for your advice. The tank is only 11 litres. The refills come in 6 packs @£26. Wpuld go through 2 a month, tenner a month isn't bad for a tank? I spend £30 on my phone bill haha :)

Thank you for your advice. The tank is only 11 litres. The refills come in 6 packs @£26. Wpuld go through 2 a month, tenner a month isn't bad for a tank? I spend £30 on my phone bill haha :)
Personally I don't think so but im sure some would argue. I think anything bigger would look pretty silly next to a tank that size ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back