• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I need to dechlorinate water before mix with RO?

wilamzq

Seedling
Hey,

As the title indicates I would like to mix my RO water with some tap water (75/25) to increase KH a bit more so and I am wondering, Do I have to dechlorinate the tap water before mix it with the RO?

Thank you

Does your tap water have Chloramine or free Chlorine? My supply has free Chlorine which gasses off. As such I prepare my change-water, 40% ish ( Heat, adjust GH etc) the day before and use it the next day untreated. Chloramine, of course, will need pre-treating.

Does your tap water have Chloramine or free Chlorine? My supply has free Chlorine which gasses off. As such I prepare my change-water, 40% ish ( Heat, adjust GH etc) the day before and use it the next day untreated. Chloramine, of course, will need pre-treating.

According to my water provider parameters we have ( Total Chlorine 0.2 ppm, Chloride (Cl-) 20, NH4 0.01 ) and doesn't mention anything for Chloramine or Chlorine..

Last edited:
Chloramine is deliberately aimed at "hanging around longer". Utilities supply us with drinking quality water, not fishkeeping water. Can't you do what I did, speak to your supplier directly, ask the question?

Back