• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do Snails eat pelia?

sr20det

I added a pad of (Monoselenium tenerum) pelia to my tank, within a week the pad is bare :(

I have one in another tank, with snails which also looks considerably worn too but with some green still there and am hoping it recovers and see's sme growth?

And have one pad on a window which is suffering from some algae now but has the most growth of all 3, and am hoping to add to the tank, hopefully the shrimp and snails will clean it up of algae, but worried they will wipe it bare :thumbdown:

Maybe if they are starving ramshorns will eat pellia. I can confirm however that yellow and orange tylomelania (sulawesi elephant snails) that I have kept demolished java fern and mini-pellia (riccardia graeffei).

frothhelmet said:
Maybe if they are starving ramshorns will eat pellia. I can confirm however that yellow and orange tylomelania (sulawesi elephant snails) that I have kept demolished java fern and mini-pellia (riccardia graeffei).

all my other plants are fine, just my pelia was targeted, my only assumption is the pelia was in bad health and was demolished in the sign of weaknesses in the plant. I am worried about puting my last pad in and it getting wiped but cant leave it out of tank as it wont do great out of tank anyways.

Anyone got some pelia :crazy: just in case

Many Thanks

I have a lot of pelia :) its in a tank that only gets daylight and the ferts from guppy waste. It's in really good condition. Will trim it soon and could post you some. There is a lot that isn't attached to the rocks that could be sent aswell.
5284e762-eb2b-67d7.jpg

wazuck said:
I have a lot of pelia :) its in a tank that only gets daylight and the ferts from guppy waste. It's in really good condition. Will trim it soon and could post you some. There is a lot that isn't attached to the rocks that could be sent aswell.
5284e762-eb2b-67d7.jpg

Very kind budy, would deffo be interested. I put my last pad in and it was duly wiped bare. Had one pad in another tank was attacked but not wiped clean. And notice 3wks on it has new shoots, so will take some growing me thinks.

But got 2 bare pads that I can attach some pelia.:thumbsup:

Many thanks

Hi I just thought I'd let you know that the tank and everything in it has gone to jackrythm so I no longer have the pelia. Well I have a small amount to cultivate but none spare. I'm sure if you contact him he will have some spare soon enough.

wazuck said:
Hi I just thought I'd let you know that the tank and everything in it has gone to jackrythm so I no longer have the pelia. Well I have a small amount to cultivate but none spare. I'm sure if you contact him he will have some spare soon enough.
:thumbup:
thanks bud, will give him a shout.

Back