• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

...do these need CO2 injection?

I've been looking through a few journals and stuff including George's 'Little Mountain'. If I remember right, he stopped injecting CO2 some way into the aquascape, with plants like HC, Blyxa Japonica, Staurogyne sp. and Pogostemon helferi but still doesed ferts and easycarbo, obviously.

So my question is - is it possible to grow these plants without CO2 injection? I know it is possible with Pogostemon, but the rest?

The HC can certainly be a little demanding so out of all of them this may struggle. With another carbon source though they may well succeed but with slower growth.

Ed Seeley said:
The HC can certainly be a little demanding so out of all of them this may struggle. With another carbon source though they may well succeed but with slower growth.

Yeah, I knew HC would be an experiment of its own. But you think the others will do okay?

Thomas McMillan said:
Ed Seeley said:

Yeah, I knew HC would be an experiment of its own. But you think the others will do okay?

I think I remember someone saying Blyxa doesn't like excel, but maybe that was just high dosages. The other will be fine and most other plants too. I ran my 12" cube with DIY CO2 and daily EasyCarbo dosing and that did great for any plant I tried in there.

I'm using EasyCarbo with my HC, PH and Stauro, no problems. The HC is spreading nicely and the PH is a lot bigger/healthier than in my main CO2 injected tak, but as Ed says things will slow down a bit. I don't know about Bluxa, but I think George also had it in his little mountain?

i have grown hc without any carbon suplements before, well i say grew, it didnt grow much, slowere growing than java moss under those conditions.
it was in my invert tank but dissapeard after the introduction of sulawesi snails :(

YzemaN said:
I'm using EasyCarbo with my HC, PH and Stauro, no problems. The HC is spreading nicely and the PH is a lot bigger/healthier than in my main CO2 injected tak, but as Ed says things will slow down a bit. I don't know about Bluxa, but I think George also had it in his little mountain?

He did indeed, that's why I'm asking

Thanks for the comments guys

Back