• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do you ever...

CeeBee

... image search your photos on Google and the like?

I know it can be contentious, but I don't limit who can download my pics on Flickr, so they sometimes end up in really strange places.

I've just spent 10 minutes and the strangest place a couple of them have ended up is on a pet lovers site written in Arabic (took me a few seconds to realise how to scroll down the page - the scroll bar is on the left!). They've been used as a backdrop for a webpage - looks like its been done as a school project!

It can be quite interesting to see where your pics end up and what they get used for.

oddly enough yes, yesterday and found one of my scapes on another website. kinda like a feature. never even asked, but then i/we do put stuff up for this reason i guess.

i checked out your flicker site BTW, some great stuff. your mums nice too :oops:

I don't mind not being asked - I'm pleased that anyone would want to use a pic of mine.

:lol: At 64, my mum would be delighted with that compliment - I'm going to have to tell her!!

I love taking pics, but when I see some of the stuff that you guys and friends on Flickr take - I'm just blown away.

It's all good though - lots to aspire to and I've found that most people are really happy to try and teach and advise.

I have had a few people on Flickr ask to use my photos, but I have never checked on Google to see if anyone is using them without my knowing. Some have been used in PFK and AquaJournal, which are both major and pleasant surprises to me (none of my scapes, though :lol: ).

Dave.

Back