• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

do you need water?

Mark Evans

Expert
well, some maybe aware, but for those that are not my wife is from said country. (actually Russian) i've been across about 3 times now and every time it takes me by surprise.

this is the way the locals, including myself while i was their had to collect water.....

_MG_1179-01.jpg

_MG_0875-01.jpg

a trip to the market?....

_MG_1328-01.jpg

_MG_1335-01.jpg

and my little friend that kept coming for the scraps in the back garden....

_MG_1458-01.jpg

Mother....

_MG_1452-01.jpg

think people, how easy western life is!

saintly said:
think people, how easy western life is!

Amen.

It took a months backpacking by myself in India for me to realise how lucky we have it in the West, and that was from the position of a rich westerner only getting a sniff of their life as a spectator.

It might sound melodramatic, but turning a tap and flicking a light switch are never the same again after you realise the poverty the majority of the world live in.

Wow, those are amazing shots! If only I was that good of a photographer... We can all dream eh. :p

I would love to go somewhere random on holiday like Japan or Australia but we always go to touristy places like Cyprus.

Cracking shots Mark, you don't have to go that far to see poverty, there is some of that in the UK and a lot in some european countries. Just doesn't get shown in the media as much as everything else. But we sure are lucky to live in the west!!

Amazing photos Mark :) I have a particular soft spot for that kitten! Typical western view I guess - photos of life/hardship in another country, and I'm sitting here going "ooh, kitty!" :rolleyes:

Where abouts was this?

rawr said:
Wow, those are amazing shots! If only I was that good of a photographer...

thanks mate, although there not great photots as in technical ability or composition really. there all just off the cuff images. blimey there nothing compared with all the pros on here. the spencer ,
worrals, farmers and edwards of this world.

rawr said:
random on holiday like Japan

i'm going mate....to ADA nature world. i've got my £???? tax rebate and i'm off. :p

a1Matt said:
It took a months backpacking by myself in India for me to realise how lucky we have it in the West, and that was from the position of a rich westerner only getting a sniff of their life as a spectator.

It might sound melodramatic, but turning a tap and flicking a light switch are never the same again after you realise the poverty the majority of the world live in.

youve got it mate, the people over their hate westerners and there were a couple of times i had to lay low if you know what i mean.

LondonDragon said:
Cracking shots Mark, you don't have to go that far to see poverty, there is some of that in the UK and a lot in some european countries

it's not so much about the poverty mate, more the way of life :D

SteveUK said:
Where abouts was this?

the backyard of my in laws....aksai, west kazakstan (middle of nowhere) these things are wild as yo like. it took me about 3 weeks to even get close to them. (just fed bits of fish) i then got to stoke them :D

_MG_1448-01.jpg

_MG_1438-01.jpg

aaronnorth said:
superb shots Mark. I love the bokeh in all of them, particularly the 2nd picture,

my trusty old 50mm f1.4 and my beastly canon 125mm F2 L series which i sold in the end :( i'm buying another 135mm....

aaronnorth said:
dont you have another website or a flickr account with all your shots on :rolleyes: I would love to see them :) ;) There isnt enough on planted box lol

mate, i got tons of images. i just dont show them. aquatic imagery is what i'm into now.

here's an interesting shot....look behind the grave

_MG_0886-01.jpg

Superman said:
I must say the one with the cat is the best photo I've ever seen,

that's a wonderfully kind thing to say Clark, i must admit he's a cute little thing. seeing as you've said that i did minimal work in PS to bring him out some more. it's a shame you cant see the full crop....boy i miss that 135mm F2Lseries lens :?

oldblueeyes.jpg

Stunning shots saintly, would love some L lenses, had a go of an 85mm 1.2L the other week, is there a smiley for drool..

Especially like the cats with the blue eyes

saintly said:
here's an interesting shot....look behind the grave

_MG_0886-01.jpg

Do you know I was just about to post about how that looked like an ADA stand... then I saw the person on the floor :wideyed:

Back