Does it matter if i have an 'undersized' ceramic diffuser

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by aaronnorth, 24 Feb 2008.

1. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

I have a 180l/ 40g and was looking at the rhinox 5000 but i was wondering if i could have a smaller version like the 2000 to save on money (cheapskate) ;)

Is there a problem with that? It will be positioned under my outake of my filter so the bubbles will be getting blown around.

2. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

I have two diffusers, a Spiro and a Rhinox 5000. I put the Spiro in first and was pleased with the small bubbles and left it. Then when it came to clean it I put the Rhinox in and the bubbles were minute! I don't know whether that was because of the different makes, but I put it down, at least in part, to the larger area for the bubbles to pass across, so I'd recomend the larger diffuser.

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Dint see why not. Ive got a nano diffuser running on my 20g and it does a great job. So long as the bubbles get pushed around by the filter spray I cant see it being a problem. IMHO they are oversized anyway.

Sam