• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does nobody make lights for a 40cm tank?

Ash_bash

Does anyone make decent lights for a
40cm tank.

Ive spent last few hours looking to no avail. they seem to jump from 30/35cm to 45/50cm, i don't think the kessil types will look very good with this setup.

The only thing that may work is a twinstar 300sa v3. They say they only adjust to 36cm but surely they can extend further than 6cm.

The tank i brought is a 40x26x26 optiwhite nano for a shallow iwugami I've got planned in the hall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
-thanks ash

What about 2 fluval nanos?
That's an interesting light with 0 to 100% increases. Didn't even know they existed 👍

But don’t forget the stellar reviews ;)
(re Lominie Bar 15H Freshwater (or whatever ends up in the box))

I like these lights a lot. They have been amazing for my planted freshwater tanks and would continue to buy these IF this company could get their description correct and quality control dealt with. I am very fond of the "Bar 15 freshwater" light. They are a perfect size for a 10g size and give you many options for light variation. However, I'm very frustrated with my last purchases of this light. They state that it comes with these quadchip leds which are very satisfying to the eye in the water, and make the combined colors blend well. Yet the last 3 of these lights I've purchased have been poorly put together and not the quad chips. Instead all individual led color chips which is NOT what the item description states. I would give these lights 5 stars hands down if I could receive the same light with consistency. in each Frustrated. Fix it, please. UPDATED 1\21\20: This company can not seem to get it right. I have now ordered 7 lights from this company. Only 1 of them has come correct. I have ordered the "Bar15 Freshwater", "Bar15 Planted" and the "Bar30 Planted" as well as others and only one came with the "quad-chip leds" like described. I keep getting a different light with all separate leds. THE ITEM DESCRIPTION IS WRONG AND DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU RECEIVE.
I wish the company would just send me the light I ordered!! Also these do NOT work with a timer! Very frustrated customer!

I bought this light so that I can change the color spectrum to better plant growth. There is no manual way to adjust the color spectrum. This has to be done via the remote. The resulting 4 channel mess that you have to play with to achieve the red spectrum is ridiculous. The wifi button on the remote doesn't work which isn't a big deal but just goes to show that this remote wasn't conceived for this light.
The real negative thing is the seller. The seller messaged me multiple times offering to give me the light for free if I would leave a positive amazon review. I had to message them for the detailed instructions which albeit they provided. the user manual they provide is inadequate. I asked about the offer. They said I'd have to leave a positive review on amazon first and they'd send me another product for free and not the light they already sold me. This was not the original message.
I bought this light because lominie seems to have really good reviews on here. I am guessing however that these reviews are a result of them promising individuals a cash back. So BEWARE!!! The rectangular tank light I bought is now used to light up a small room in the basement as I find it very cumbersome and useless as an aquarium light!
2 stars because it partly works as a light.

Then another reviewer still leaves 3 stars despite the light “breaking” after 2 weeks
:lol:

But don’t forget the stellar reviews ;)
(re Lominie Bar 15H Freshwater (or whatever ends up in the box))

Then another reviewer still leaves 3 stars despite the light “breaking” after 2 weeks
:lol:
Well 85% 4 stars or better.. ;)
Not saying it is good or not.
Most Chinese stuff will need a new power supply in 3 years.
10 inch deep, 10 inch wide tank doesn't need much..
Best thing going for it is it's dimmable.
Another brand.
Amazon product ASIN B0872YT7YY
not crazy about the 2" on each side shortage.
I'd be temped to get the 41.4cm one and suspend it somehow..or re-bend the brackets.
THIS might be annoying though. Not sure why it behaves that way.

How does time setting work?​

Please note that when it reaches to the set lighting time, the light will not turn off, it will keep at the dimmest levels.
Always something..

Thanks for the replys guys :)

I didn't realise any of the main manufacturers didnt make 40cm leds :(

I had considered 2 of the fluval nanos, they would work great but might look alittle bulky on the tank and subtract from the simple aesthetic i was after, i was wanted a sort of sleek Minamilist design to compliment the aquascape.

I had come across the cheaper Chinese stuff but you get what you pay for with that stuff and I've brought them before and not been to happy with them.

Ive got two chihiros lighting a 35 cube and im really happy withcthe quality of these, couldn't seem to find a 40cm one though.

I may have to try and suspend one like you've suggested, I just hope I can make it look nice, maybe make it out of a couple of coat hangers :D

I forgot to mention It could do with Ideally do with being dimmable, as its such a shallow tank I can see me needing to tone it down alittle.

I found this but i dont know if its dimmable, and im not to stoked on it being jet black.

I did come across those but no one in the uk seems to have them, iv seen some on aliexpress, might have to risk it for a biscuit, I've never brought anything from overseas before so it kind of scared me off :p

If you search ukaps, you should find several positive reports for aliexpress
BUT
also some directions to just contact Chihiros directly, they give you a shop option where their warranty is valid
(Remember only “authorized dealers” are supported by manufacturer warranty)

Thanks for the replys guys :)

I didn't realise any of the main manufacturers didnt make 40cm leds :(

I had considered 2 of the fluval nanos, they would work great but might look alittle bulky on the tank and subtract from the simple aesthetic i was after, i was wanted a sort of sleek Minamilist design to compliment the aquascape.

I had come across the cheaper Chinese stuff but you get what you pay for with that stuff and I've brought them before and not been to happy with them.

Ive got two chihiros lighting a 35 cube and im really happy withcthe quality of these, couldn't seem to find a 40cm one though.

I may have to try and suspend one like you've suggested, I just hope I can make it look nice, maybe make it out of a couple of coat hangers :D
Finnex does

I ended up shipping In a chihiros c2, think they look pretty neat and I like all the Bluetooth settings.
Think it was around £50 something on Amazon but it did come over from China.
hopefully setting it up for a dry start this weekend so I'll let you know if its any good :)
Hopefully it'll reach all the corner's okay.

@Ash_bash Hey, what did you end up going with? I'm in a similar boat looking for something for a 43cm tank.

Back