• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does this sound like a tiger lotus bulb?

Ajm200

Hi.

Just aquired what I suspect is a tiger lotus bulb. LFS were clearing out the plant tank and found a loose bulb. They gave it to me as I was in buying plants and they didn't recognise it.

It's about the size of a hazelnut. Dark brown and shiny like a conker and slight soft. Definately a bulb as it has two tiny shoots sprouting from it. What do you think?

Can't post a photo as I have no pc again. Going to plant it in my new tank and see what happens as I've heard they are fairly hardy

Thanks
Amanda

Thanks for such a quick reply. The larger shoot does look reddish. I hope it is a lotus :)

I had a huge tiger lotus in my last layout. when i rescaped the tank pulled out all the plants and roots too, as any big lotus seed i found. few weeks ago i was suprised as a new lotus grew up suddenly in the tank. i bet this was because of the spring, but was suprising as there was no big seed in the soil.

4366996657_d035ec6f38.jpg

i had to pull this out as looked strange in the full green NA style tank :D and i gave it to my friend. but when we pulled out the plant we've seen a small seed at the end of the root. just like in the size you mentioned above.

Can see that looking a bit odd in your new setup. :). Good to hear it is that hard to kill off. Might have a chance of surviving my newbie mistakes.

Thanks everyone!

It is a tiger lotus bulb. It now has two red leaves like those in the photo that Viktor posted.

Back