• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Doing a HC carpet right now

the Guru!

Whats the best way 2 plant this HC ? im splitting it down as i speak.

Is it best to put it in little clumps about the size of a 50p ? or smaller? or bigger? wide apart stem by stem?

Thanks.

I think ill put it a little bit closer then that, havin to take 5 at the min and try and streighten this big hump on my back :lol:

I dont seem to have done too bad a job of that, altho it will probly die in a few days lol :)

Still got 2 full pots left aswell.

Well, every time i look at my tank i see a new bit of it floating! :twisted:

Took out my gourami aswell as it was pulling at it. Alot of crap seems to be clinging onto it aswell, wich cant be good!

Hi mate, how big is the tank? I did a 60 x 30 x 30 carpet and used 7 pots and took almost 2 days. It was well worth it itll my boss ruined it with loaches and all kinds :twisted:
The more you add the faster it will carpet.
Is it a brand new substrate? if not then no doubt you have a little to much detritus in the substrate and yes, it isn't a good thing.
You will get a load of "floaters" lol but just put them back in the substrate. Patients is the key with HC, i've just ripped out the "little mountain" HC and i've replanted it and it isn't moving as fast as i'd like. I've heard it NO3 hungry so you can adjust your dosing accordingly.
HTH
Dan

Man, you guys are patient. I really couldn't be bothered to plant stem by stem. I just get clumps of about 2p in size and just push into the substrate. Can normally do the whole width of my 4 footer in less than 10 minutes. After a month it's all filled in and soon after needs redoing again.

James

Dan Crawford said:
Hi mate, how big is the tank?

Its a 90ltr 30 x 15 x 12

Dan Crawford said:
Is it a brand new substrate? if not then no doubt you have a little to much detritus in the substrate and yes, it isn't a good thing.

Nah, the substrate has been in for about 6 month.
__

Ive got a brand new FLUVAL 305 here to hook up after i have a shower, hope this might help a bit.

Back