• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

doing a smallish rescape with fish/shrimp in tank, ok?

creg

16.jpg

when i started my tank i was pretty ill and just chucked the plants in randomly, i planted the crypts too close to the glass as the front and now i want to move them to the back (i will take out a couple rocks to make room) will this be ok to do with all my livestock still in the tank?

I would think this should be fine. Just keep an eye on the livestock (look out for fish gasping at the surface or a reddening of the gills) in case you stir up enough detritus to cause an ammonia spike, but I'd think it's fairly unlikely.

A good size water change after you've finished to be on the safe side wouldn't hurt either.

BigTom said:
I would think this should be fine. Just keep an eye on the livestock (look out for fish gasping at the surface or a reddening of the gills) in case you stir up enough detritus to cause an ammonia spike, but I'd think it's fairly unlikely.

A good size water change after you've finished to be on the safe side wouldn't hurt either.

ok thanks for the advice ill be on the lookout, ill do it this weekend when i usually do a 50-75% water change anyway. just hoping the crypt roots arent massive because when i moved some from my old 60l that was a year old they were freaking huge and brought up most of the substrate.

Back