• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Donations

dave_m13

Seedling
Hi

Just a quick question, what would people recommend donating to UKAPS if I give plants away to other members. I personally do not want any money for them so I think a donation to UKAPS would be good.

Thanks
Dave

If I am getting a single portion/bunch/specimen of something I usually give £2.50. More if it is a rare speciment plant etc.

I think being a donation there shouldn't really be a fixed amount, otherwise it is paying under a different name.

Having said that I think the donation should reflect the value of the plant to some extent.

Hope that helps.

Ok, thanks, yes it helps, was just asked the question how much to donate. Couple of quid sounds reasonable for any of the plants I would have enough of to give away.

Cheers
Dave

Hiya Dave, our main source of income is donations through plant sales. It's great that people are prepared to take the time to send out plants and let UKaps take the donations, we appreciate it a lot and it allows us to keep promoting the hobby in as many avenues as possible.

Cheers, Dan

LondonDragon said:
I just wish mosses grew quicker hehe ;) sent some more this week, hopefully the donations should be coming in today and tomorrow :)

I pulled 50 dwarf sag out of my tank this week! That stuff is a phosphate monster, once you add enough it grows at a crazy rate! Some of it sold (to cover my postage costs) and some of it donated ;)

Only 30 plants left this week! ....

aaronnorth said:
i wait until i recieve the goods, and depending on quality, quantity and rarity, i will put in a donation which i thikn would be suitable

I might start doing that. I have over and underestimated a few times each now :oops:

a1Matt said:
I might start doing that. I have over and underestimated a few times each now :oops:
I always tell people to wait until the goods arrive, make sure its all ok and healthy and then make the donation. ;)

Back