• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dooa neo glass air, 30x18x12cm

CooKieS

Hello,

New project;
I started to enjoy emersed stuff only a few weeks ago, and I wanted something prettier than my ikea jar to hold my first wabi kusa ball, so I bought this dooa;

210402060500387035.jpg

Very impressed by the build quality and the floating look of it.

Led is onf flat nano (not +) with base (it’s an early prototype version from onf hence the black color that is now exclusive to the + version).

I was so excited that I decided to scape it immediately, here’s one sneak peak of the approx 1h30 built;

210402060909305578.jpg

Stay tuned ... ;)

Thierry

wow that looks great been very busy lately but glad seen this onen that looks great, you using RO water ? my water leaves terrible lines around the water line as must be very hard.

Looks nice!

I've got the same one, but it's sitting there empty as I've really struggled to get to grips with it!

been waiting for this - and it was worth the wait; gorgeous!
Hi, thank you very much :)
Love it.

What wood is that?
Thanks, it’s juniperus roots. ;)
wow that looks great been very busy lately but glad seen this onen that looks great, you using RO water ? my water leaves terrible lines around the water line as must be very hard.
Hi mate, thanks, I’m just using water from my other tanks and sometimes tap water. 2 big waterchange per week for now.

Looks like Manzi to me!

Looks awesome :) some air plants on the branches?
it’s juniperus wood roots, from south of France. :)
I may add some tillandsias later 👍

Looks nice!

I've got the same one, but it's sitting there empty as I've really struggled to get to grips with it!

It’s a nice size to have fun with!

Small updates, bit of usual diatoms underwater but the emersed part is going strong!

210426083506707854.jpg

210426083507373459.jpg

Small update, replaced the hc Cuba with some hemianthus micranthemoides because it wasn’t doing well without co2.

emersed growth has been slow but nice with some cool flowers.

diatoms outbreak is gone, helped by 2 ramshorn snails.

i will probably try to find terrestrial moss to add on the tree trunk later.

‘waterchange 90% once a week , no ferts.

cheers
Thierry
210521055623697041.jpg

mini_210725082322601236.jpg

Hi there!
still running! Actually thinking of rescaping it to try something new. :)

I love the easy maintenance on this one, I’m only spraying it once daily and doing one 100% water change every 8-10 days. I’m a bit late to the emersed game but definitely enjoying it and will try to do more of this in the future! ;)

Last edited:
Back