• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dooa paluda 30.

Then why have it even in the system. //emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji23.png
I think it’s for those that don’t utilise the dooa drain. It’s another way of draining the excess water build up from the substrate area if you need to maintain it a little drier for certain plants.

Hi, apologies for the late response to your questions. You may no longer need the information but basically I run the pump 24/7, the mist generator was on for 10mins every hour in the early stages as the plant mass was low and it tended to dry out a little more. As time passed and water was retained I have now reduced to only 5 mins every hour. Water did build up on the bottom and I would drain every week, however now with only 5 mins every hour and only once during the night I don’t have to drain at all.
I think if your system is now furnished you may find that the water build up is less as the plants will utilise some.
Cheerio
Hello from Chicago! What do you use to control the Mist generator and fan for 5 minutes every hour?

Hi Ady It all looks amazing. It reminds me of a Tropical riverside rock wall in my home country of Trinidad. I like how the moss is growing out of the cracks in the rock. Can you take us through your tool box to the right? What's in the Dooa Mist spray?

Hello from Chicago! What do you use to control the Mist generator and fan for 5 minutes every hour?
Hello 👋🏻
I use a smart power strip that has timer functionality 🙌🏻
Hi Ady It all looks amazing. It reminds me of a Tropical riverside rock wall in my home country of Trinidad. I like how the moss is growing out of the cracks in the rock. Can you take us through your tool box to the right? What's in the Dooa Mist spray?
great to know it reminds you of nature 😃
The tool box was primarily for my old 30cm cube aquascape, however it now houses a limited set of tweezers and scissors for nipping out the occasional leaf or overgrown plant and pulling moss etc. the wabi mist is a mild fertiliser and fungicide I believe which also well ‘mists’ the plants. Many people use it in terrariums and open terrariums to help keep the plants hydrated 😅

how long do you keep the light on? Thank you
The light is now on for a 12hr photoperiod ☀️

Cheerio

Back