• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DOOA swamp

Andrew T

This one is for my kids.
DOOA neo glass air 30cm x 18cm x 12cm.

Light : ONF flat nano+
No filter
No water circulation

Substrate : Amazonia 2
Sand: Colorado sand
Wood: Manzanita

Plants:

Eleocharis vivipara
Dwarf hair grass
Monte Carlo
Hygrophila pinnatifida UK
Some unknown moss from my backyard stream (Emersed)
Rocks from the same stream with some fontinalis growing on it:)

What prompted me to go with this tank is the space I had available for it and also the height which my kids appreciate as they will easily be able to change some water every day or every other day since there is no filter on it.

Big props to @Shinobi for being a great inspiration for this as well. Hopefully I can get half decent results that he got.:)
CC90E756-CD4D-43D5-B5E5-2743A8A3DAFE.jpeg

Last edited:
I am loving these style tanks currently, looks great

Dean

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Moved all the H. Tripartita mini from my tank to this.
Daily 100% water changes...
Although the moss from the stream still looks fine, some parts are getting a bit yellow even though it gets misted about 5 times a day.
I’m wondering if the indoor warmth is too much for it and it rather prefers the cold...
2EE50BB0-C60B-42E7-8569-D8C186052675.jpeg

Epic.
I so need something like this.
Not jealous at all :D

Everything was growing just fine in this one and required minimal to no attention...too many plants though.

Quick 10 minute re-scape with leftover wood from the other tank. It’ll be a moss + shrimp only tank. Don’t feel too good about the scape but don’t care too much honestly...
Moved this into the gym/fish room (lol) so I can have something to look at while I pedal my indoor bike.
BD0F04AC-3ECE-44EC-AA78-A6BE6220EEA1.jpeg

Back