• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DOOA

castle

Don't think this has been mentioned here, any thoughts?

Apart from seeing this costing £1000, I think they look quite nice

Just the tank and pump alone are over £300 so with the light and other stuff it's going to be silly money for what it is in my opinion.
Biopod do this much better and,while expensive too,you get a lot more for your money as it's a complete set up and app controlled :)

Just the tank and pump alone are over £300 so with the light and other stuff it's going to be silly money for what it is in my opinion.
Biopod do this much better and,while expensive too,you get a lot more for your money as it's a complete set up and app controlled :)

Yes agree. Was going to mention biopod. The best thing todo is wait. This is a niche within a niche and is a very immature market at the moment. They’ll be loads of products like this hitting the market over the next 12 - 18 months, especially via kick starter.

The biopod is and looks amazing but the stability of the company is questionable as it’s still young. As it’s all connnected and cloud controlled, should they fall, you’re left with a very expensive glass box.

Me personally, I’m waiting for the market to mature and will put something together via accessories rather than a ‘kit’. That way if one component fails it can be replaced.

It is very nice and will be quality as is all ADAs range in these so a smaller one might be an option if the price is too expensive,something like the George Farmer shallow tank insularium using emersed aquatic plants plus house plants might be a compromise.

You can get a Red Sea reefer tank, with built in plumbing and sump - the ultimate setup for a planted aquarium (I.e my dream setup :D) for not much more than this little tank. I think ADA are kidding themselves if they think it will kick off at those prices, admittedly, that’s MSRP and you won’t pay that in store but even so.

Looks great,but too expensive.But I also think Biopods are expensive :rolleyes:,and from what I've heard,not very reliable.

I really like the look of them and found one here, so about £300 for the basic unit without a light. I think I could make this for a lot less (I know that's true with all aquariums) and then if I really think it's something I could see being part of my living room, I could buy a DOOA one.

What I don't like, is that they have shown they use cling film to keep in moisture at the initial planting stage - how long was this kept on for? I suspect, quite a long time - i.e up to 30 minutes before a final filming.

I really like the look of them and found one here, so about £300 for the basic unit without a light. I think I could make this for a lot less (I know that's true with all aquariums) and then if I really think it's something I could see being part of my living room, I could buy a DOOA one.

What I don't like, is that they have shown they use cling film to keep in moisture at the initial planting stage - how long was this kept on for? I suspect, quite a long time - i.e up to 30 minutes before a final filming.

Not to mention all the fun you can have with cling film and condensation on what is an open top aquarium. At that price, was a piece of plexi too much?

Has anyone actually tried one of these, the only videos etc are all from ADA. Would like to know what the real world experience was like. I really like the open front, just not sure it’s practical? Thanks T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back