• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dorey’s EA 900

Well lets hope the lockdown eases,its the same here tho, but delivery seems to be working so thats the main thing, yeah George is awesome after watching his youtube channel he got me into the hobby and his book is so so good,

I’ve had enough of it now but it’s for the best! Think the biggest problem here with plant delivery’s is Brexit issues!
Yeah George is a top bloke, he’s crap at racing sims tho so if you hear different it’s not true!

Stunning setups can't wait to see this one planted and developed, you obviously have a great eye and are a talented aquascaper great to have you here.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Stunning setups can't wait to see this one planted and developed, you obviously have a great eye and are a talented aquascaper great to have you here.

Dean

Thanks Dean. I just wing it all 🤣 not award winning but it keeps me entertained and off the streets! Glad to be a part of this great forum, really enjoying it

Ooh, love your old scapes, can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Also very grateful for those photos of Crowder's, I'm just about to get a new tank myself and have been thinking they'd be a good place to go for the wood, now I'm convinced!! 😍

Thanks Dean. I just wing it all not award winning but it keeps me entertained and off the streets! Glad to be a part of this great forum, really enjoying it
thats how i feel, feel like know nothing but suppose must know a little bit but i just totally wing it . But like you say keeps us busy and entertained and spending money better than blowing money on something else and you have a stunning tank to look at.
Would love to see you other setups and terrariums.

Dean

Sorry to hijack your beautiful thread Dorey, but this made me wonder how Java Plants are still supplying Tropica plants when everyone else can't. Do you have any insight?
They are based in Northern Ireland, which has a soft (incoming) border with ROI, which is part of the EU.

No customs issues from EU into NI, and no customs from NI to mainland UK.

Ooh, love your old scapes, can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Also very grateful for those photos of Crowder's, I'm just about to get a new tank myself and have been thinking they'd be a good place to go for the wood, now I'm convinced!! 😍
Thankyou, hopefully I can do it justice! Fingers crossed.

defo check out crowders I’m sure you will spend a nice bit of time there sifting through the goodies
Would love to see you other setups and terrariums.

Dean

part of the fun is winging it..... isn’t it 🤣😂🤣

I have posted a thread on my biorb airs in the emerged plant section (can’t quite remember the proper name)

Latest update of the EA900. Stones holding the scape down have been lifted successfully and a small amount of plants added, mainly plants that survived the previous scape, I did add a small amount of monty Carlo to the foreground. Today 12 green tiger barbs added (all they had in stock) and I’m literally buzzing with these fish, tomorrow more plant shopping hopefully get stem plants and a epiphytes if stock issues allow.

0976C5CF-A3F7-4608-9362-2FDE93B73803.jpeg
6C01ED32-B398-42C3-A281-C399F420DA7F.jpeg

That’s for the kind words guys. Few things added over weekend.

foreground I added some:

Eleocharis acicularis
Various crypts
And some Helanthium Tennellum green through the canyon coming to the foreground,

idea is to get different textures intwined to go for a natural chaotic look with the already added monty Carlo and Staurogyne Repens

few pieces of anubias mini coin added to wood and some Monosolenium Tenerum Moss.

rear has been planted out with crypt balansae, and ludwigia repens (I will probably change this out but choice was sparse) and some pogostemon erectus.

the idea was to get as much plants in early doors to prevent algae rearing its ugly head I have no doubt things will get added and changed later on.

also 10 pentazona barbs added to the mix which really add to the feel of the tank.

67A03A28-33E3-46B9-81AE-70BD61FE462F.jpeg
90D42BCC-1B14-4860-83B6-8A4AFC4E1D4F.jpeg

Back