• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dorey’s EA 900

Dorey

Hi peeps.
joined the forum at the beginning of the week and thought I’d start a thread on the rescape of my EA 900.
Will be sharing all the ups and downs as it progresses and would love to get feedback and ideas from the community along the way.
List of equipment:

EA Aquascaper 900
chihiros vivid 2
EA hanging kit
Oase biomaster thermo 600
Jbl crystalprofi e702
Co2art pro elite regulator
Co2art in-line diffuser
Felix smart controller
Glass Lily pipe set x2

hardscape purchased from Crowders Aquatics who have a large selection of hardscape to choose from.

Jbl volcanic mineral under 21kg of Tropica soil.

Will share a pic of how the tank was setup previously
FB4D7796-7538-470B-8B16-B4B9C3D4B284.jpeg

Last edited:
A visit to my lfs crowders aquatics to have a play in the dojo for the day. It’s great to have the whole store and materials at your disposal, I often just go here to have a play 🤣

after a couple of hours and several coffees later the hardscape is purchased!

191CCE42-21BB-458F-8676-9EDBC2B26DAB.jpeg
F4DBEB22-C155-4861-B188-FC695029D607.jpeg
25A3F685-1F1F-4DF8-A98A-8C4CFC2C63A9.jpeg
16E83644-B4AA-440E-9BAD-68C2580D3CD6.jpeg
8DD64AC5-F53D-46CF-83E6-BFCA8BEC5097.jpeg

Wow that is quite some selection at that shop, loads of botanicals too. Am I right in saying you did a video with George Farmer?

Hardscape and everything purchased only job now is to put it together, the fun part.
Once everything is in place, glued down ect the tank will be filled and regular water changes to remove tannings from the river wood. Plants as we know are a bit of a mate to get hold of at the moment so will use this time to sink my wood 😳, remove tannings with water changes and enjoy hardly any maintenance. The fish I will be keeping in here have already been chosen, I’ve always been a fan of green tiger barbs but have never kept them. So a large schoal of these and some pentazona barbs will be the inhabitants.
BF07E805-6F73-4348-9B67-A7E3251B34B4.jpeg

Wow that is quite some selection at that shop, loads of botanicals too. Am I right in saying you did a video with George Farmer?

it is a great shop to be fair loads to choose from, what I’ve pictured is not all they have either, there’s more hardscape the other end!
They do have a very large selection of botanicals to choose from, i like blackwater just could live with one 🤣😂

yeah I’m good friends with George and he did come over and film my tank a while back. He will be over when we can to film this one too.

Great looking scape 👌
Noticed you've got 2 filters running on the tank. Did you find that you needed 2 on the 900?

Great looking scape 👌
Noticed you've got 2 filters running on the tank. Did you find that you needed 2 on the 900?

Thankyou mate, much appreciated. Ive always ran 2, the smaller jbl one just adds a bit flow round the tank to help spread the co2 and I figured it’s always good to have a back up seeded filter in case the worst happens

Attachments

• C1256AE3-22E5-4247-92B3-513D986A9F58.jpeg
    C1256AE3-22E5-4247-92B3-513D986A9F58.jpeg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 206
Your tank is looking great so far!

And wow what a selection of hardscape! So inspiring, I wish I had a store like that in my area.

Thankyou so much, very kind of you to say!
Yes, I am very lucky to have a great selection to choose from, only problem is every time I go there I want to rescape 🤣😂

I’ve always been a fan of green tiger barbs but have never kept them. So a large schoal of these and some pentazona barbs will be the inhabitants.
A mix of green and platinum green tiger barbs looks amazing, but you may want to select in person as what ships under these labels can be variable color and intensity

A mix of green and platinum green tiger barbs looks amazing, but you may want to select in person as what ships under these labels can be variable color and intensity
Yeah I have never bought fish online ect, I prefer to annoy people in shops for asking for specific fish and see them huffing and puffing when the particular one I want out doesn’t play ball 🤣

The first scape was wonderful, very clean im excited to see the new one 😁 looks fantastic so far 👌

thanks mate, this is actually the 4th scape in this tank I wanted to go more wood heavy with this one....the last one was my favourite so far hopefully this one turns out better, here’s some pics of previous scapes in this tank.

F5566E1D-350A-492E-99D6-72CC421F85F4.jpeg
69E4CC8A-70B6-4F8E-9A52-4A40B7A9FB7B.jpeg
F74ADC35-CDAD-4342-9B5D-EB34B85987E4.jpeg

Wow there excellent professional, i really like the first pic,in the second is that plant in the middle Aponogeton madagascariensis?
Cheers mate, I dunno about professional though lol. Yes that is Madagascar, it grew like a weed I was forever trimming back, I moved it to the rear soon after that pic was taken, great plant tho think it should be used more in scapes.

Yeah its a great plant, and its true you dont see it in many scapes what have you for plant choices in the new scape or are you using the old ones for convenience? Not sure what shipping is like in the uk, i order yesterday some new plants for my cube they should be here tomorrow but i live in Germany

Yeah its a great plant, and its true you dont see it in many scapes what have you for plant choices in the new scape or are you using the old ones for convenience? Not sure what shipping is like in the uk, i order yesterday some new plants for my cube they should be here tomorrow but i live in Germany

I was going to go with a Asian biotope but there are some plants I want to use that are from a complete different region so it’s going to be a free for all, I’m hoping lockdown eases soon so George Farmer can do a planting video for his YouTube we have been speaking about it. Still compiling a list of what I want nothing is in concrete yet. Plants are difficult to get at the moment here so no major rush. You are lucky being able to get them so quickly....not jealous at all 🤣

Back