• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing Deficiency?

I know but you can take it out of the line and place it in front of your pump,

i did try that once before, but since opting for a Co2Art in-line system i have noticed a significant level of mist bubbles coming in to the tank via the nozzle (felt that maybe most of the bubbles were escaping to vent out of the sump than going to tank. I also put a 2m length of hose after the in-line unit which i think helps the absorbtion in the transfer into the tank. The pump appears to cause quite a return flow by itself and i have it helped it with two Powerheads. I have ordered another to place at the distant end of the tank to further assist the circulation current. Im conducting a PH Profile today and hope to see an improvement on the plant health over the next week or two...

OK that is cool, you must do what you feel comfortable with just bear in mind that every inch of pipe will reduce flow and any fitments in line will also do the same.
The best method that I used incorporated a cut down plastic bottle and a small ceramic diffuser.
For many years I just fed the gas straight into the pump without a diffuser of any kind but used a needle wheel pump.
That was a fantastic maintenance free method but was quite noisy.
Look forward to your test results.....

Attachments

• 13B10C78-0E1B-4C80-995D-F36DCD7544F5.png
    13B10C78-0E1B-4C80-995D-F36DCD7544F5.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 110
@zeus @foxfish
Here you go chaps. readings from today.....let me know your thoughts. Drop checker almost green. Does the bps need a tweak up?

upload_2020-5-1_21-3-25.png

I can't help noticing the ph drops and rises again.
You got any powerheads, skimmer or such that also turns on and off?

Looks good for the time being, be very careful increasing from this point, perhaps concentrate or seeing what the plants do and if you can improve flow patterns and keep up or even step up maintenance.
See what happens over a few days or a week.
There does seem to be a bit more potential for more C02 but you have to use your own discretion as you are the one in control and watching the tank.

Back