• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing EI dry with daily water changes...

Vito

hey guys I have just filled my tank and I was after some advice on the doing as I am going to be changing the water (50%) every day for the first 2-3 weeks I want to know when to dose, I am assuming after the W/C and as I get in from work mid through the "lights on" period and the water change will take 20-30 mins will this have a negative effect or not.
Im running a Juwel Rio 125, TTEX1200, FE Co2+3ML easycarbo daily, I only have HC in there which I left grow emmersed for a month. Is Daily water chaning going to benefit me or is it a little OTT?

Vito

Hi Vito,
I reckon a daily WC is a bit over the top but it's certainly won't hurt as long as you dose immediately afterward. 2X or 3X a week ought to be enough, especially if total biomass is on the low side. As always, HC is sensitive to poor CO2 so it will inform you immediately if there is something wrong with the DIY or with the Excel dosages. If it's been growing emmersed then a lot of the ammonia in the sediment would have already been mineralized as well, so there should be less leaching.

Cheers,

Back