• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing ferts inline

In order to be safe it's best to use a 4 roller peristaltic pump but they get expensive.
Hi there,

Do you know by any chance how many rollers this D-D P1 pump does have?

I don't know for a fact but that's pretty easy to know. Just remove the head (blue part) from the main case. It's usually clipped.
I will bet a virtual beer there is 3.
Looks like three.

832B95F9-2E6B-4B56-BBD4-C7C2A851EAC8.jpeg

Here we go.

🍺

It might create a Venturi effect.
This can be used to advantage... :)

It uses a venturi to inject fertilizer inline... You would need a magnetic valve (Solenoid) on a timer instead of a dosing pump... Assuming the flow-through will be constant then calculate the amount of time the valve needs to be closed to inject x volume in ML fertilizer...

This is using physics to your advantage... :)

That would indeed be a very odd thing to do.
The mAcros outflow builds up with deposits and clogs, especially if there's a check valve on there. The application is usually for sump, not sure about into tank. For the siphoning, my history is it will flow in either direction against brand new pump heads, drain back into dosing containers or out into water. My check valves sit in the dosing containers and don't get stuck too often that way.

B0F6F392-A7E5-4E42-AF4D-5B215D7DB3E9.jpeg
Right,

So i’ve obviously ordered proper mouthing to this project.

Thanks to @bazz

No leaks, no danger, take it easy people.

Cheers,

Piotr

Quick update on this:

Finally finished on my second tank,

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

Happy days :)

Attachments

• IMG_0875.jpeg
    IMG_0875.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54