• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing for 8l CRS tank?

Gary Nelson

Can anyone advise me on what safe dosing would be for my new Crystal Red Shrimp tank? It is a Fluval nano 8l that has been running 3 days now (still cycling) I will be using TPN+ and flourish excel if that is safe to use? as I am reading mixed reports on the net with CRS and flourish. I am not going to be running any Co2 on this tank either.

I am new to keeping CRS and want to get it off to the best start as possible, the tank is planted with moss on bog wood and some Bolbitis Heudelotii.

Any tips or pointers would be great :)

Ok, EI you can dose as much as you want, however excel is another matter. Liquid carbon can kill shrimp when too much. Why not get one of those small bottles of CO2 and run them instead? You can run a bubble every 30 minutes or so, and with good water movement you should be ok.

On just 8L a lot can go wrong fast.

Thanks for that, yes I had looked at the small Fluval co2 kit from AE, I may have to invest in one, what do you think dose wise on TPN+? I was thinking 1ml every two days?

Back