• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing help

BritishBulldog

Seedling
Hi All

Just been put on short time at work and need to start saving some money, guess I'm going to have to start using dry ferts.

Therefore could someone please, in plain english give some idea of what, when and how much.

I have a 180L tank but guess the actual water content is approx. 160L.

Sorry to sound vague, but my head is in the shed at the moment and when I have looked into this subject before I just seamed to round in circles.

Thanks in advance.

Allowing for a 50% water change every Sunday and dosing no ferts on Saturdays
Dose following amount of each on Sunday(after WC), Tuesday, Thursday,
Potassium Nitrate KNO3 - 2.66g
Potassium Sulphate K2SO4 - 1.22g
Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4 - 0.75g
Magnesium Sulphate MgSO4 - 6.89g

Dose following on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Trace Mix 0.47g

Or you could make 3 weeks supply in a 500ml container and dose 55ml doses each time:
Potassium Nitrate KNO3 - 24g
Potassium Sulphate K2SO4 - 12g
Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4 - 9g
Magnesium Sulphate MgSO4 - 63g

Make seperate Trace supply in a 500ml container and dose 55ml doses each time:
Trace - 4.5g

Save money by deleting the K2SO4. Check your water report and see if it contains Mg. If so, save even more money by deleting MgSO4. :wave:

Cheers,

Thanks Jase for the information.

Any chance you know the measurements in spoons rather than grammes ?

Thanks for the link, answers that question.

If I use the ferts as above is that all I need to add ?

I use RO water for my water changes and add Seachem Equilibrium and dose with Seachem Iron, trace and flourish.

Also any handy hints as to what people use to mix up and measure their ferts.

Thanks

Hi BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog said:
If I use the ferts as above is that all I need to add ?
It is :D .
BritishBulldog said:
Also any handy hints as to what people use to mix up and measure their ferts.
Get yourself down to Asda :wideyed: Set of plastic measuring spoons that go down to 1/8th for the grand total of 99p
I used two clear empty washing up bottles to store the mixed up ferts and trace :D .

Thanks Ceejay

Just to comfirm when using RO water for my water changes do I need to still add Seachem Equilibrium ?

What do you use to measure out the daily dose ?

hi BritishBulldog

BritishBulldog said:
Just to comfirm when using RO water for my water changes do I need to still add Seachem Equilibrium ?
This is one for the RO users amongst us, but I believe Seachem Equilibrium raises the GH of your water. If that's the reason you were using it in the first place it wouldn't hurt to carry on using it. I see there is some goodies in it for the plants to utilize too.
If you were only using it to feed your plants then the answer would be no, as you're just about to add all the ingredients that the plants need :D .

BritishBulldog said:
What do you use to measure out the daily dose ?
I've 'acquired' a small 100ml measuring jug with markings at 5ml increments from somewhere round the house (probably from the other halfs hair products if the truth be known :lol:).

Back