• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing intervals?

Tigermoth

Was wondering what the thinking is behind the rest period in the various dosing intervals. Not suggesting the info I've already read isn't spot on or anything, just looking to understand it or learn more. :)

In the past I've done this:

Mon - dose
Tue - rest
Wed - dose
Thurs - rest
Fri - dose
Sat - rest
Sun - water change

What I find difficult to understand in above method is the gap in dosing between Friday and Monday. If the water change on the Sunday was performed in the morning, for instance, wouldn't there be a risk of very low nutrients for the rest of the day, considering there'd have been no dosing the day before, then nutrients further reduced by half for another 24hrs with the water change?

Also read ceg's brilliant article in the tutorials on dry ferts dosing, where there's a two day rest before dosing after the water change the following day.

What would happen if I permanently dosed macros one day, then traces the next day?

Cheers

If you dose an all-in-one solution then you dose it daily.

If you dosing macros and trace separatly then you dose on alternate days, so you only get a day off, the day before the water change, but you dose macro straight after the water change again.

Sun - 50% change, macro
Mon - trace
Tue - macro
Wed - trace
Thu - macro
Fri - trace
Sat - rest

Cheers LD.

I dosed trace today, so it will be easy to slip straight into that regime.

So going from Friday to Monday with a 50% water change in between isn't anything to concern me then? Also, is the rest day only to keep the dosing days the same, or is there a scientific reason behind it? If not, it's a shame there's not 6 or 8 days in the week. :lol:
Apologies for all the questions, it's just you lot seem to have most of the answers. :D

You can do the water change any day you want, just remember to dose after the water change and then alternate macro and micro there after, and rest day before water change.

Back