• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing low-tech Rekord 60l

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi guys,

After 3 weeks cycling the tank with prepopulated filter sponges and 3 water changes per week, adding some liquid amonia and the usual stuff to get the tank cycled, I added a few guppy fry to the tank to help it along further and get it ready for my shrimp which I should be getting mid/end July.

Just have some crypts, java fern and lots of moss (weeping and xmas), I am just wondering what to dose on this tank, I have added an extra tube so now have 2x15w T8, also running an air stone as this helps the tank cycle so I read!

Some photos:

pict0138br9.jpg

pict0166xd5.jpg

I have a bottle and a half of TPN+ which I had left over before moving to complete dry ferts and also a couple of bottle of EasyCarbo, ordered some stuff from AE so though might aswell to get the free postage.

Will dosing TPN+ and EasyCarbo affect my shrimp? thinking RCS and Cherries to start with and how much should I dose roughly to start with?

Many thanks

Hi Paulo,
Looking good so far mate. I would just dose the instructions on the TPN+ bottle for the moment because that seems to be what their dosing scheme is based on, a low tech system, although this isn't strictly low tech since you are adding the Easycarbo. The CO2 added by the Easycarbo increases the nutrient uptake but this uptake is still throttled by the lower light.

Cheers,

Back