• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing Pumps?

Specs on the Aquavitro Sentia Dose...

It's minimum dosage is 0.1mL(2 drops) but, it will actually go below this and give you an accuracy warning(it must start to loose accuracy after this point). It's accuracy is less then +/-1%.

I emailed Seachem for this information and received a reply the same day I emailed(within less then 12 hours). Although I am not a fan of some of Seachem's marketing, this is impressive imo and one of the reasons I continue to support them. The Sentia Dose also comes with a full 5 year warranty(none of the others I listed come close to this) and replacement parts are available.

This unit is a little pricey too but, offers modularity(you can add as many units as you want they just click together) and some other features the others don't. All of these attributes place it amongst my top choices.

I hope all this info helps other prospective Dosing Pump buyers👍.

So, in lieu of all of this research, I don't think I will need to dilute anything. These units go down to 2 drops which easily meets my requirements for all but the Fe dose in my smallest tank. For that(if I even continue to use Fe Gluconate, it is an experiment) I will just have it dose 2 drops every second day.

As for pump choice, I'm pretty sure I am going to go with either the Kamoer X4 Pro or 3 of the Aquavitro Sentia Dose units to start(with the option to click more on later). These units are pretty expensive but, it seams like this isn't a good area to cheap out on. I don't need it until spring anyway so I have plenty of time to save up.

For setup, I will use a magnetic stirrer on a timer underneath the dosing container to stir the AIO for a few minutes before the doser starts each morning. With this setup, I should be able to just pour in say a liter of AIO and forget about it for a couple of years aside from a periodic check of accuracy/calibration. Adjustments to my dosing schedule will then be easily made from an app on my phone and I can add more dosing pumps as required down the line if I want to add more liquids. It will be nice to not have to bust out the pipettes every morning anymore and when I go away I will no longer have to worry about my tanks fert schedules getting missed or screwed up. It is an investment but, I think it will be worth it in the long run...

Thanks for all of the help guys and feel free to chime in with any other discussion👍.

Last edited:
Back