• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing regime needed

Jaap

Hello,

I have setup a 20L tank with 11w lights and clay based azzoo substrate and added the following plants:
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Blyxa Japonica
Limnophila aromatica
Rotala rotundifolia
Pogostemon erectus

I will be using EI and Excell. I will use this calc to make the solutions Yet Another Nutrient Calculator

What should I use? EI or EI daily or EI low light/weekly?

Thanks

Hi,
You should use whatever dosing strategy that most readily simplifies your life. As a general strategy, start with the basic recipe and then make deviations from there. No one knows what levels of PAR you will generate with that configuration. No one knows how effective flow/distribution and CO2 will be in that particular tank, so it would be unwise to assume that any deviation from the standard recipe will work better than any other. You may find that you have to increase the dosing from the baseline values or you may find that you can get away with less. The plants will tell you what adjustments you will need to make, if any.

Cheers,

So far I have dosed 1 mL of each daily:
1. Seachem Excel 1 mL
2. Seachem Flourish 1mL
3. Macros 1mL my mix consists of 100g KNO3 and 100g K2HPO4 in 250 mL

It looks that everything is ok apart from the fact tha the blyxa japonica has now melted completely.

Please elaborate. The 1 mL daily dose is already twice the suggested dosage.

Thanks

Had it for a week but now its gone. i think my downi pogostemon helferi is also melting.

Back