• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dou's Various Tanks (ADA 60P, Do!Aqua MiniM+Cube, 90x30x36, etc.)

cookie.dou

Hi everyone,

This is my tank journal for my 2 most favourite tanks.

My 60P has been a lot of fun and it went through a ton of changes. It was a huge learning experience and I learned sooooo much. I'm constantly thinking about how to make it better so if you guys have any feedback, please feel free to let me know! Right now I'm trying to figure out how to improve the right side - Im still looking for a very low brown/red-ish plant. Not sure if that exists. If you have a suggestion please let me know as well!

GIF Progress over 8/9 Months:

Fi8J9bg.gif

Latest Photo - Updated 2016/09/11: This tank has been taken down has been rescaped! Pictures to come soon...

69Aa9Hx.png

Hardware & Layout:
ADA 60P
Eheim 250 Classic (2213)
Do!Aqua Lily Pipes
Wooden Air Diffuser
Marina 150W Heater
Milwaukee Regulator+Solenoid
Spiderwood
ADA Amazonia Normal
ADA Colorado Sand
River Pebbles
Yamaya & Koke Rocks
Chihiros Doctor LED Light

Fish/Fauna:
18x Threadfin Rainbows
~ 5 Pygmy Cories
~ 3 Otocats
~ ? Wild Type Neocaridina
~ 3x Amano Shrimp
~ 1x Nerite Snail
~ ? Ramshorn Snails
~ ? Malaysian Trumpet Snails
~ ? Random Small Snails

Previous
~ 15 Green Neons
6x Gertude Rainbows
6x Sparrow Rasbora
3x Kubotai Rasbora

Flora:
Trident Java Fern
Monte Carlo
Anubias Petites
Anubias Nana
Christmas Moss
Flame Moss
Java Moss
Lilaeopsis
Myriophyllum Tuberculatum

Previous:
Eichornia Diversifolia
Murdannia Keisak
Rotala Glandulosa
Fontinalus Antipyretica
Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Rotala Bonsai
Needle Java Fern
Salvinia
Misc. Buces
Eleocharis Montevidensis (Hair Grass)
Eleocharis Parvula (DHG)

I recently revamped my MiniM to a low-tech shrimp only tank. My inspiration was from the forests of China/Taiwan where wild crystal black shrimp inhabit. Currently waiting for my wild crystal black shrimp to arrive =). Below is a picture of it freshly planted, things have moved since then (and lots of food... algae... is waiting to be cleaned up) and will take an updated photo soon!

JFgS5pZ.jpg

Hardware & Layout:
Do!Aqua MiniM
AquaClear 20
Wooden Air Stone
ADA Solar MiniM Light
Sada Akadama Stone
ADA Amazonia Powder

Fish/Fauna:
Soon - 10x Wild Crystal Black Shrimp

Flora:
Bolbitis
Bucephalandra Freya
Bucephalandra Red Cerberus
Anubias Petites
Tiny bit of Glossostigma

Other:
Indian Almond Leave Foliage
Dried Bamboo Leaves

Attachments

• 9iA2NBg.png
    9iA2NBg.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,800
  • 69Aa9Hx.png
    69Aa9Hx.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 686
  • 69Aa9Hx.png
    69Aa9Hx.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 2,735
  • 69Aa9Hx.png
    69Aa9Hx.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 2,589
  • 69Aa9Hx.png
    69Aa9Hx.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Ahhh thanks! I'm going to see if I can find it at the LFS. If I can, I'll probably try it and plant it on the right side near the rocks. I saw that before but I always just assumed that because it's a hygro it's going to grow tall and stemmy. Taking another look, it might just be exactly what I was looking for!

hey
wicked layout you have the joy of having a 60p let you be creative and its small enough to rescape if you like but not too expensive. i too learnt alot and try to expand my skill with a bigger tank. ada 120p

ps how did make the picture changes? i like that it can be shown from set to finish

keep uo the good work

cheers
ryan

hey
wicked layout you have the joy of having a 60p let you be creative and its small enough to rescape if you like but not too expensive. i too learnt alot and try to expand my skill with a bigger tank. ada 120p

ps how did make the picture changes? i like that it can be shown from set to finish

keep uo the good work

cheers
ryan

I use Photoshop - if you send me the pictures you want to compile I can do it for you =). I'm sure there are services online ".gif creators" or whatnot but I haven't tried those.

Just received the wild CBS today =). Added 10 of them into my tank but it seems like they are too busy cleaning to show themselves (they really like being near the prefilter and in the bolbitis). You can however, spot 1 if you look closely... This is exactly what I was looking for though and I'm super happy with them.

tHKyrtk.jpg

jghHgmB.png

Fantastic! This is the first time I've seen someone else using Sado akadama rock.I have some and think it is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fantastic! This is the first time I've seen someone else using Sado akadama rock.I have some and think it is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks! It was actually quite hard to find as it's discontinued now and especially since there isn't much in Vancouver. Fortunately was able to get my hands on some and I am definitely in love with it =). If I was in the UK I would've swooped into TGM's store and picked up as much as my wallet would allow.

Update on the 60P - I just didn't quite like the look of a brown/red plant in this tank... so I ended up removing the M. Tuberculatum. I think it was clashing with the sand, it wasn't working and I just shouldn't be adding red plants for the sake of adding red plants. After removing it, I wanted to add more levels to the scape - so I added bolbitis to the right (I'm in love with the plant and there was a sale at the LFS haha) + added Crypt Parva to the bottom right to fill it out a bit more. I think I'm finally satisfied with what's in there & going to keep things as is for now + let things grow in a bit more. I will be taking it down in September so hopefully things fill in in time.

Jv9Rrig.png

And another photo of the wild CBS. Finally got my GF to show me how to switch camera lens and after many tries I got a clear photo... My hands are not steady at all haha.

4bDXU2w.png

Last edited:
Wow, what a nice evolution.
Congratulations!

Let me ask your opinion regarding the canister.
I'm planning a tank really similar in size of the ADA 60P, but i was planning to buy an Eheim 250 Classic (2213). Isn't enough?
I see that you have the Eheim Classic 350 (2215). Isn't to strong flow?

Thanks,
Jack.

Wow, what a nice evolution.
Congratulations!

Let me ask your opinion regarding the canister.
I'm planning a tank really similar in size of the ADA 60P, but i was planning to buy an Eheim 250 Classic (2213). Isn't enough?
I see that you have the Eheim Classic 350 (2215). Isn't to strong flow?

Thanks,
Jack.

Thanks! Actually I did not write that properly - I am actually using the Eheim 250 Classic (2213). I am going to update the original post. At first it was way too strong, but now its just right... it might even be a little weak to be honest (or perhaps its my lily pipe's issue). I haven't cleaned it in a while so that might also be a contributing factor (actually I am dreading this haha).

Photo Updates:

60P
- Moved some of my bolbitis around, it's finally recovering!
- Rearranged some pieces of wood to add a more "root"-y feeling, looking for more...
- Tied some mini pellia to pebbles to see if I can grow some small bushes in the sand

9iA2NBg.png

Mini-M
- Non CO2 tank + all slow growing plants so there isn't too much growth
- What little glossostigma I planted pretty much all died off =[
- Found a berried wild crystal black shrimp!

0r5pbhC.jpg

Bonus Picture of my 45P
- It will be taken down... soon... just not happy with Koke stones.

fvYkzKn.png

Back