• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
Cheers guys. Not had a journal for a long time, but i hope this isn't a problem if i will post one or 2 around these days. Maybe helpful for some as i also got a lot of inspiration here too.

This tank was rescaped a few days ago.

90P opti white 90x45x45
Filter: Eheim 2075, Eheim Skim 350
Substrate: ADA Power Sand Special M 6L, ADA Amazonia 2x9L, ADA Amazonia Powder 3L
For hardscape we used Dragon stone. As we never had dragon kind of iwagumi before
Lighting is the same as before: 4x39W ATI Dimmer one
CO2 pressurized with ADA Beetle diffuser

First we put together the stones at the front of our showroom. (Admins - hopefully will not be an issue with the logo if it is please remove it, i did not had clean shot from this phase just the photo montage).
So in photoshop i cleaned the background masked the stones to have the feeling i am after.

8646516318_1934460079_b.jpg
Hardscape fun by viktorlantos, on Flickr

Then we added in the soils to the tank and continued the lego work there :)

8657868192_84066710f6_b.jpg
Green Aqua Showroom by viktorlantos, on Flickr

8655530992_5c948d0370_b.jpg

Once the hardscape was done throwed in some Gel plants to see how the planting will look like :)

8659717259_757a23446b_b.jpg

30 min after filled up with water at the end. plants are in place.

8659719301_970a974989_b.jpg

8660820092_e1f54b411e_b.jpg

8659720599_d68e5cd77f_b.jpg

The skim removed the floating powder after the installation. And the next day water change cleared up the cloudy water in 100 percent. I thought we will have a few more days with cloudy water, but probably the Purigen cleared up quickly the mess.

Will do a new shot next week how this progress.
Also some plant bits may need too be replanted as i've seen yesterday as the got floated. I was lazy with the planting especially with the HC and the UG.

Used parvula on the right front and the left back. HC on the left front. Tenellus all the way on the right front of the big stones. UG in the center back - another test i am sure will not stay alive :D
Acicularis behind the stones.

This will be a minimal scape as some of our visitors missed it a while ago. Not decided to have this fully a CRS tank or with some nice fishes. Will see.

Thanks for reading the journal :):snaphappy:

That is very nice hardscape, Victor! I'm sure this one will turn up really nicely, when fully grown! I hope that the UG will take off, as it will make a really nice carpet!

Victor, another promising scape, love the dragon stone.

Cheers
Martin

Thanks for your feedback guys. This is far from a contest scape or something new and groundbreaking, but will be a good minimal to look at a bit later.

Dragon will be good. I kind of fed from the stones which makes the water harder. Seiryu, Manten, Nyasa etc. They are great looking stones for sure and sometimes i can't find a replacement, but using a stone which not change the hardness is a bless. We're using soft water on our tanks and the plants shows clearly stresses and bad leaf on these setups. Changing hardness is not good for sure.

So dragon is good..... unless you need ot brush the algae from the rocks. So the challenge is there. Keep it clean :)

Viktor, great hardscape (as usual). Your layouts are always a pleasure to watch and i certainly learned a lot from watching your works.
Those rocks look lovely. Very well chosen. It's going to be a big hit.

Only one thought from a very humble guy in this world: the third rock from the right could be pointing a little bit up, so that it doesn't appear to be so straight at the top.

Pedro.

Wow almost 3 weeks ago when i posted this..... time for some update!

We throwed in some amano shrimps, sakura ones, otocinclus after the 1st week to keep the tank algae free. Luckily the filter had a matured media in it from the previous tank so the start was smooth.

2 weeks after the start and we added in the fishes. 20-30 more will come in a bit later.

Utricularia is gone... :) was too light color and not that nice green. So i removed that. All other plants running fine. At the 3rd weeks i see that Acicularis is growing upwards in the back. We had to wait a little to have this taller than the rocks.

Allright time to show off :) 3 weeks old and bubbling like craaaaaaazy

A still shot

8737647509_5ef8db2f70_b.jpg

And a macro wonder to the end. Meanwhile i've seen the HC pearls with my 100mm macro i realized that the full scape is mirroring in that bubble. wow looked awesome so here you go :)

8737662183_28290b8259_b.jpg

cheers ;) :)

Awesome scape!

So are you saying Seiryu stone etc is a particular problem because your tap water is soft to begin with?

Cheers,

P

Thank you :) but it is still early. Will see a few month later ;)

On Seiryu and others yes. We're running multiple tanks with the same soft water, same ferts and lighting, maintenances regime. And the plants which we have in seiryu tanks not looks that fabulous like others where decors are not hardening the water.

Mosses looks worst, bolbitis and some other species too. This does not mean we're not using seiryu anymore, since there are no real alternate for those beauty rocks, but we know that the plants will not be 100% from the beginning.

Ops i forgot to update this journal :)

Well just before my holiday break i made a quick video and some photos from the tank. This was at the beginning of June.

8969752731_f20de934fd_b.jpg

At that time we had like 80 fishes and i loved how they moved around the stones. So had to capture them in a few seconds :)

Since that time the tank grown a bit. Tenellus starts to look better meanwhile the full carpet is done with HC and Parvula mini. Acicularis still not growing taller so may need a bit more time. These are the photos from today....

Lovely lush green tank with soft water, 4x39 ATI light in 7hrs day. :)

9108132549_f60c87b009_b.jpg

9110362346_aee06f7c90_b.jpg

9108147359_37a17bfe6d_b.jpg

9110375874_57e80e7621_b.jpg

needless to say it is absolutely fantastic.this type of scapes are inspirational for newbie like me.
1 personal opinion though,if you reverse rocks position of left corner(front one and back one) with each other it might look better.also if you put lily pipe outlet,power head and co2 diffuser in same side of your tank then water circulation would be unidirectional.but here a whirling effect can come.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Today i had to shoot some photos and i also made some fresh from this one.
We had a little algae issues at the tank start mostly because of the plants which changed the leaf and we not trimmed tenellus etc, so we lifted up the light, but now all plants transformed, early issues are gone so we can put the afterburner in again. :)

9145963296_50a4cd5bfc_b.jpg

9145960020_9d8cff1ef7_b.jpg

9133201905_83ea49d2f4_b.jpg

9133198051_90a27b1b92_b.jpg

That mum is digging something on the top of the dragon stone and making a nice pose for me for shooting her babies :)

9135434114_c625fffe08_b.jpg

So things going well. Acicularis is still not on right height only 10cm or so. In my home tank i have 20cm ones too. I had hoped i will see the same effect here.
But still a lovely tank. Lush green, minimal, easy to maintenance etc. For final shooting i will probably use a trimmed version of the tank so will use less part on the top to make it look nicer. :)

Viktor,
How did you clean the green algae over the dragon stones? I tried to brush them, but seem doesn't really work out.

Back