• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragon Stone - 10kg/20kg

stop right there! ive spent enough on stone recently! ive only got one kidney left now!
The rock is quite light so you get a lot for your bucks! :p

I havent seen a tank using it yet stu, i know viktor did one which was nice. His stones were heavily veined with white which im not so keen on so asked for less.
Not checked params yet but all advise is that it doesnt, it certainly hasnt touched the TDS in the last 3-4 days since set up of the nano.

I can see stu using that with some manzi wood ;)
me too and i look forward to it. I ordered it as i want something that moss will attach and cover easily now but ive got it seems a shame to cover it up.

Couple of quick pics stu, its in my new shrimp tank as it doesnt effect params.
Sorry for stealing thread.

IMG_3768_zps75b8ac50.jpg

IMG_3769_zps2897213d.jpg

Oh, I love this one. Can we see it once in the tank please..:)

Hi guys, im sorry if im posting this in the wrong section as im new to this site. I recently ordered 20kg of dragon stone from ebay and was very happy with it, but once i had cleaned it and put it in my tank it went a light brown, like sandstone. Is this normal and can i get the greyish colour back?

Many thanks for the replies. All the pics i have seen on the net have been of greyish coloured stone. Have I managed to buy the wrong type?

Yes, you have the same stone. It ranges from an almost orange colour to light grey, depends on source as to the bias, but normally it has variation. It's one drawback of ordering online, you don't really get a feel for the colour of the rock your ordering. I love dragon stone and I like it more brown or orange, I think it looks more earthy and natural against the plants.

Back