• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragon stone question to experienced members...

Piece-of-fish

Hello friends scapers. Have just received an order of dragon stones. Do like it very much. Hovewer they seem to be of two types of colors. :crazy:
1. More red stones.
2. More green/grey.
I have tried to give them a quick wash and look how they look in the water. They still seem to look different.
Contacted the seller and was told that in few month they should all look the same.
I am in dilemma now whether to order some more off one type of them. I can split them to 2 collections basically and have them for future projects. I dont want to wait for few month anyway for them to equalize so probably should get some extra anyway...
Anyone experienced the same thing?
Your advice is much appreciated and expected. :thumbup:

You'll probably find that the more you scrub the stones, the more grey will be revealed. This stone is made up of a lot of orangey clay within the cavities so I'd advise a very thorough clean with a toothbrush, you'll be surprised how even the hard surface is actually clay and comes right off

Back