• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I must admit, looks good and promising.. But I think I still will go with traditional approach. But great to know this lazy method.. I might try it next time as I'm not entirely sure how the Altermanthera reineckii mini and Hygrophila lancea Araguaia will act on dry start (this is why I considered to flood it within 2 weeks)
Hi
Not sure about Alteranthera but the Hygrophila Araguaia grows very well emersed.Had ton of it in propagator more than an year.Dont need that much misting too.The trick is to have medium moist but not too wet
Regards Konsa

A quick one here. Since all the parts required arrived I flooded yesterday. 95% WC done today. Still a bit milky. I will add some purigen to filter media and will plant it before the weekend. Not entirely sure about DSM now, probably will just plant it and flood it for good.

47743780621_5c750eb217_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
Not sure about Alteranthera but the Hygrophila Araguaia grows very well emersed.Had ton of it in propagator more than an year.Dont need that much misting too.The trick is to have medium moist but not too wet
Regards Konsa
Alternanthera reinickii 'mini' grows fine emersed in my experience. I've had one in a glass covered with saran wrap for over a month without any problems.

So that's my plants arrived early. I guess I'm sorted for planting now.

46832592305_93acd9fac3_c.jpg

Alternanthera reineckii mini;
Hygrophila lancea Araguaia;
Rotala Bonsai;
Marsilea crenata;
Micranthemum;

After a good break I almost forgot how exciting it is..
When it is all set, cupboard arranged, pipes measured, timer set, plants planted.. and now the waiting game it is..
I think one of the biggest challenges in this hobby is patience.. and you learn it with every new scape you go.

by the way, is here someone with experience of Jebao auto dosing pump like the one below:
38a31291-jebao-dp-4-gb.png

the manual is quite poor and I have no clear understanding on how to set it up right. I have passed the stage of calibration and that's fine.
I just need to understand how the programming and intervals work. At the moment I have set it up (2 out of 3 pumps) the following way:
Pump1: Day interval 1, set ml and time (macro)
Pump2: Day interval 2, set ml and time (micro)

Now the question is.. will this setting dose 1 day macro and other day micro? Or there is something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Lauris

Last edited:
Now the question is.. will this setting dose 1 day macro and other day micro? Or there is something I'm missing?

Hey Lauris,

In short: no.
Ive got one of these things, and God are they confusing.

Ive set mine almost a year ago so memory is dodgy, but i believe the day interval is 0 for "every day", 1 for "every other day", 2 for "every third day" etc...
There is no way to set the pumps to work alternate day, but there is a hack that works just as well. It involves setting one pump on at 00:01 (just past midnight) and the other at 23:59 (just before midnight).

Its detailed here!!!
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads...ative-index-with-jebao-jecod-dp-series.37255/

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Fil

A quick one here,

So far so good...
1. No melting as of yet
2. No algae as of yet

I know it is too early to say anything for good, but looks promising (as it always does when just flooded :D )
Got matured ceramic media from a local chap, handled spikes pretty well.

Current setup:
Lights - only on half power (1 panel), which is still plenty enough. 5 hrs daily
Plenty of Co2 available for plants (since no live stock in yet), dissolving via inline diffuser and filter booster.
(Comes on 3 hrs before lights hits in, and goes out 30min before lights goes out)

Having good water flow all around. Not too strong, but just enough to ensure distribution is just as perfect
Fertilization: 10ml Macro and 10ml Micro every other day, 5ml easy carbo daily (dammit, that auto dosing pump is handy)

Will do my first w/c this weekend.
47754280842_df9eaf93b0_z.jpg

I see Monte-Carlo already trying to find its way to spread.

Last edited:
6 days planted.

Did not expect that MC will pick up that quick. Should I give it a light trim already? or better wait for another week?

Last edited:
It looks promising! Have you thought about adding few more details in the scape? I feel like that could enhance the fantasy feeling. Small buces on the wood and rocks, some riccardia etc.

It looks promising! Have you thought about adding few more details in the scape? I feel like that could enhance the fantasy feeling. Small buces on the wood and rocks, some riccardia etc.

Thanks JEK.

Yes, I thought about adding bit more detail, and I'm sure at some stage it will be introduced to enhance the atmosphere of scape. Probably, I just need to wait a bit and let it settle in, and then decide what to bring in.. But this might change any time.. Spontaneously :)

Did my first w/c. Plants still looking good :D

Micranthemum

Rotala Bonsai
46908405125_71c9b53105_c.jpg

Hygrophila lancea Araguaia
46908404665_6029edc9e5_c.jpg

46908404945_0f9f369702_c.jpg

Alternanthera reineckii mini
46908405035_5049704325_c.jpg

Need to start to wrap my head around on live stock :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have had my thoughts about moss recently. More likely, as suggested above, riccardia.

But the struggle would be to plant it on that wood.. Any suggestions? I think there are only 2 ways - to try to be smart and tie it with fishing line or just go superglue. The 1st one might be a tricky one, the second will leave marks on the tree and messy to attach..

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance ;)

Back